Fog is clearing for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog is clearing for me

I have to hold my hands up and say that where Magilton is concerned I have been a bit blinkered.

I took to loathing him with a passion last season when we played Ipswich for a Sky game and they did us for 3-0 (I think it was). I found his post match comments smug and disresepectful to us, and if I could have reached into the telly and decked him there and then, I probably would have.

Now, with the man being touted as highly likely to get the job, I have been reading the many comments about him on this board and actually find that I have maybe been judging him a poor choice of manager purely based on that small episode (ie. the fact I couldn't stand the bloke because of it), and in reality he could be just what we need.......

Speaks English

More flair than Dowie

Likes 4-4-2

Not a hoof-ball merchant

Knows the Championship well

His Ipswich side have been more or less safe in his time at the helm - in other words, he's able to hold his own in this league, consistently - so there is something to build on with the right squad (let's be honest we do have a good amount of creativity in our squad with all players fit)

A certain amount of infectious passion - you only need to listen to him to see that

Being a relative newcomer to management, he still has a lot to prove, rather than someone just after a winding down assignment

Other reasons I had in my head today, which I have now forgotten

If Magilton gets the job, I'll support him. After all, he will be our Magilton.

U Rrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!
    Be nice to Minty

Couldnt Agree more.

Comment

Very good post my sentiments exactly, I don't think Magilton would be that bad of an appointment. He is no one's first choice but TBH I think the majority don't know enough about him either I know I don't.

What I do know is his Ipswich side were know for playing good attacking football, he has the experience in the CCC and is young.

I also hear he works best when he has no money to spend so he should do well with us.

Comment

Yeah he has experience in the CCC... But experience of not doing very well!

Comment

Have to say I was more bitter about those we weren't being connected with rather than hating Jim but as you say open mind if he does get the job, in fact open mind for whoever gets the job.

All the same I am disappointed with the names we haven't been link with all the same.
          The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
          :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
            Yeah he has experience in the CCC... But experience of not doing very well!
            finished above us this and i think last season.So if thats not doing well then i am fine with that....

Comment

I think J Magilton would be a good choice knows the division plays good footie given the chance think he could do the job ie get us promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaR View Post
                I think J Magilton would be a good choice knows the division plays good footie given the chance think he could do the job ie get us promoted.
                are u serious?

come on get a grip......

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, was Ipswich his first managerial appointment. In any job it is a learning curve and who's to say he won't do well for us,if he is appointed,as has been pointed out Ipswich, have finished higher than us, the previous two seasons.

Not my first choice, but will back him all the way. I might add I'm not a season ticket holder. but that makes me no lesser a R's fan than they, who are.
                  Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------
                  https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

I kind of swallowed my words yesterday too minty.
                    Hardly a terrible appointment.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                    X