If You Were A Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Were A Player

What would make you join QPR over other promotion chasing clubs?
    Last edited by Sam-QPR; 26-05-2009, 04:02 PM.

3 year contracts and some of the highest wages in the division.

But I'm sure its more to do with the ambition of the club ;)

Comment

The fact that my injuries would go undetected and I could have another contract before I become lame.

ooooh how harsh lol.

And of course my undying love for the club.

The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
      :grimace:

Comment

I wouldnt join QPR, there is no real attraction to the club. Its that bad. Unless I really liked playing in hoops, in which case I would join Reading.
        Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Slydo View Post
          I wouldnt join QPR, there is no real attraction to the club. Its that bad. Unless I really liked playing in hoops, in which case I would join Reading.
          slydo you palace mug, never judge a book by its cover
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Slydo View Post
            reading are fake hoops ,:bad_smile:
            QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

That is a very good question.

WBA, Newcastle and Middlesborough have parchute payments. WBA, won;t change that much, but the other two need to slash wages bills enormously. Not sure, if you are a professional footballer whether Newcastle would be that attractive intially with so much upheaval. If Shearer stays, then that gives the club much more possibility in bringing in the right players. Living in Middlesborough and playing for them, won't be on the top of the list for many

Other clubs including us, its much of a muchness. Yes, our wages are attractive, but the club is in slow progression and with the unease about changing managers and perceived unstableness around the club, it needs selling to the player. A club like Ipswich would appeal to many players, as they have investment and an astute (but arrogant) manager. its also many clubs dreams to get promoted next season. Teams Like Sheffield Wednesday will be investing and Reading have one more year of parachute payments? Then you have a team like Leicester City who in Mandaric knows what he is doing and I expect them to get good buys in the summer.

Cardiff City have a new stadium but are the nearly men, who seem to sell their best players.

We are the best and most attractive team in London and you can always sell players the dream and a quick chat with Flavio in his plush offices will turn a few heads of players. On the other side of the coin you have to be careful, you must make sure the player is here for the right reason and thats definitely not whats in his wage pack at the end of the week.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

in the back of my mind i would have the fact that we keep changing managers. not good for player develpment. also media reports of the manager not buying players would make me think does the manager really want me. but also reports of flavio picking the team would make me think will we train the way we will be playing. the manager we appoint would be crucial as well. would a coach who can't speak english really help me as a player but then again would an inexperienced manager be right for me compared to a coach who has been there and done it.

Comment

Flavio definitely did not pick or influence the team whilst Sousa was in charge.

I take your point though
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    slydo you palace mug, never judge a book by its cover
                    I was saying as a player not as a fan. Im 100% Rangers.
                    Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

I would join the Rs because of the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Living in Middlesborough and playing for them, won't be on the top of the list for many

Poor argument, Pete. I know for a fact that Gareth Southgate lives in the Yorkshire Dales.

The amount of money players get, I don't think location is an issue.

(Although there is the aspect of how far from ones family you are moving. But again, money makes it easy to travel whenever/however you like).
                        Last edited by Minty; 27-05-2009, 01:37 PM.
                        Be nice to Minty

Comment

When it comes to signing foreign players I think we may be at an advantage being based in West London. Culture, Nightlife and Transport Links etc....wherever you seem to go in London nowadays you'll find a community for virtually any nationality.

When it comes to English / British players unless the player supports QPR or wants to live in London I don't think we hold any appeal what so ever.

Comment

How many players say that they signed for the manager and not the club? particularly true of iconic mangers like Cloughie etc, without a manager and with not knowing who the next one would be, I wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

Comment

the potential of being part of a 'project' that could take shape in a few years
                              i love this club
                              good wage
                              good fans
                              playing under the noses of some of the richest people in the world
                              facilities behind the scenes

Comment

Working...
                              X