Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Top Players Fit..Do We Actually Need A Big Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Top Players Fit..Do We Actually Need A Big Name?

to take charge?

In my opinion short term it increases the anticipation of fans, but over the long haul, many teams in this league would take players like Buzsacky, Vine and some others like a shot?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Read your signature
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Good question.When Owen Coyle left St.Johnstone for Burnley,a lot of Burnley fans were underwhelmed.Now he is worshipped.We have a sound defence,a midfield that will feature our most creative players returning from injury,and hopefully a new proven goalscorer.

Comment

A team is nothing without a good manager, nothing.

Comment

Not really sure what your argument is!

Are you suggesting that a team with some decent players in it is capable of getting promotion irrespective of the Manager?

Comment

the mangaer should take the pressure off the team, thru the media etc...
            help pick em up when struggling
            deflect things i suppose so they can focus on the games ahead...
            like fergie...benitez tried but was an amateur.

Comment

3 different managers last season couldn't do much with the current squad - without a decent new one AND two forwards neither will anyone else.
              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Yes - we need a decent manager.

Ipswich's season ticket sales and coporate revenue have already surpassed their last Premier League campaign and are near on 200% up from this time last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Yes - we need a decent manager.

Ipswich's season ticket sales and coporate revenue have already surpassed their last Premier League campaign and are near on 200% up from this time last season.
                  wasnt that the same story for us beginning of last season though as well?

Comment

we don't need a big name just a really good manager. Its THE most important position at the club and we're trying to do it on the cheap. i.e. some one who's out of a job or no-one else wants.

We should move heaven and earth to get Martinez from Swansea, offer him what he wants. Big wages, decent trnsfer kitty etc. let him build the club from the youth upwards. The guy is intelligent, articulate and would win the fans over

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
                      we don't need a big name just a really good manager. Its THE most important position at the club and we're trying to do it on the cheap. i.e. some one who's out of a job or no-one else wants.

We should move heaven and earth to get Martinez from Swansea, offer him what he wants. Big wages, decent trnsfer kitty etc. let him build the club from the youth upwards. The guy is intelligent, articulate and would win the fans over
                      That would be a proper four year plan though

I think some fans believe that you just need to assemble a squad with a few decent players in it and promotion will follow

Comment

I personally feel that we need not a big name but just a solid manager who can get the best out of the players and ultimatly be allowed the manager the team without too much interference.
                        Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                          wasnt that the same story for us beginning of last season though as well?
                          Erm..........no............

Comment

pete regarding your signiture

why are you going on and on about a manager filling seats when the real problem is the prices?

i don't care whether jose mourinho is appointed manager the prices would still be too high for a mid table championship team

what about those who simply can't afford it

as for needing a big name, i think we would be much better off giving the job to a manager who has somthing to prove rather than a manager who is only here for the pay check. we need passion and pride back on the pitch.

Comment

Well you need a manager with experience who has got a team promoted before IMHO as that experience is crucial.

Secondly, we lack quality in the side, all the top 7 teams in the championship have the best players in the league which we don't. The board badly needs to bring in some quality to give us the cutting edge if they are serious unless they are thinking of leaving it again until 2010/11.

But no, it need not be a big name, but someone with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X