The new manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new manager

We have had various papers speculating and telling us that it is Magilton, Boothroyd, Cotterill or Calderwood but the only person that I know of who has confirmed, from his own mouth on Spanish TV, that he has been offered the job is Tapia from Malaga. That would also tie in with why an appointment hasn't been made yet as the others could have been apponted by now.

Not ITK just an observation.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

i hope so very much indeed would hate magilton etc.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
      i hope so very much indeed would hate magilton etc.
      So you'd prefer an untried, untested manager who has shuttled around clubs in the lower echelons of Spanish football for 35 years than someone who has recent experience of winning a play off final, getting to another play off and, in Magilton's case, finishing higher than us in each of his 3 seasons....

Oh lordy.................................!

Comment

Spot on Nodge.
        Some people have no clue about the record of some of these foreign managers yet they think cause he manages Malaga means he is a so called 'bigger' name, its pathetic. No more foreign shite please!!!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I have to say, Magilton doesn't do it for me, but on reflection, that's because we seem to have a habbit of allowing the board to hype up our next manager to be a big name.

In all honesty, if I was offered Magilton at the time of Dowie's departure, I'd have been very happy. Ok, he's not set the world alight at Ipswich, but he's hardly done a bad job. He knows the league and the transfer market and had Ipswich playing some very attractive and attacking football. He's obviously fairly confident in his own ability as he believes he can do enough to make the board happy in just one season, hence the short term contract he is rumoured to be considering.

Have we all spat our dummy out too quickly?
          I think I have...
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

In a way, I'm hoping I am wrong. It will give the guys who like to have a pop some ammuntion, that all along it was never Magilton, but I'll take that if he doesn't get the job. I do think, we need someone better.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

magilton is crap though im sorry. Not what we should be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                magilton is crap though im sorry. Not what we should be looking for.
                Define crap please

Comment

Fact is that Ipswich under Magilton finished higher than us every season, but what worries me about him is the inconsistent way they performed. One season they win everything at home and nothing away and the next season can't win at home but win away. We saw them rip us to pieces but they then go and get stuffed at home by Southampton (I think). We need a consistent manager to get us our average of 2 points a game and it worries me that Magilton can't do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    So you'd prefer an untried, untested manager who has shuttled around clubs in the lower echelons of Spanish football for 35 years than someone who has recent experience of winning a play off final, getting to another play off and, in Magilton's case, finishing higher than us in each of his 3 seasons....

I'd rather be poaching someone on the way up than someone who has been sacked for poor performances in the last 12 months. Boothroyd's teams plays the worst Cambridge united long ball style, Magilton has finished above us yes, but with bigger budgets and is hated by Ipswich fans.

Neither appointment would make any sense and frankly I'd rather go and poach the guy from Doncaster, or Di Matteo or Ferguson or even take Ince than those two

Comment

Got to say I think Di Matteo ticks lots of boxes but his name hasn't been mentioned much, perhaps that is a good thing bearing in mind our recent history of appointing managers out of the blue.

Comment

Good post, agree.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                          I'd rather be poaching someone on the way up than someone who has been sacked for poor performances in the last 12 months. Boothroyd's teams plays the worst Cambridge united long ball style, Magilton has finished above us yes, but with bigger budgets and is hated by Ipswich fans.

Neither appointment would make any sense and frankly I'd rather go and poach the guy from Doncaster, or Di Matteo or Ferguson or even take Ince than those two
                          Not sure where you got that he's hated from.
                          Sure, he has his critics, but who doesn't?
                          Most write-ups i've seen, and those who I have personally spoken with have the upmost respect for him and the way his team conduct themselves on the pitch.

As I say...I want someone better, but I fail to see after thinking it through how this is a terrible appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post

Untrue on both counts. His budget didn't touch the sides of ours and the vast majority of Tractor Carrot Munchers still love him.

Comment

Untrue on both counts. His budget didn't touch the sides of ours and the vast majority of Tractor Carrot Munchers still love him.
                              I have to say, he has spent far more than us mate.
                              £12m over 3 years I believe...

Comment

Working...
                              X