Mittalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mittalls

I do find it weird that we have one of the richest guys in the world on the board at QPR and at the same time are flogging our top scorer?

Why is that?

I thought we wanted to go to the Premier League....never mind perhaps we can loan some more players.

I'm pretty sure any targets that come up after the summer we will put in a low bid, mess around with them..claim they are to much money...insist we will get our man in January...then watch them sign for Wigan.

Wonder who we will get blown out by this summer?

Or will we show some real ambition and buy a couple of forwards that will give us the chance of getting out of this league, not much wrong with the side just needs a bit more quality.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

It's always puzzled me their involvement. It seems that Mittal bought a stake in the club to give his son-in-law a job. There has been talk that if we get promoted they will heavily invest but we won't get there without investment.

In regards to players I can already see us losing out on Cox. I've no real idea who else we are targeting but there will be a string of good players who will join rival clubs and we will probably question as to why we didn't get them. Love him or hate him Leroy Lita will join a team this summer and it is much better that he signs for us than scores against us.

Comment

if they only own 20% surely they are only going to put in what they can take out

Comment

more time goes on, I think its a token gesture to add to the profile of the club. Bringing in investment and sponsorships is so much more attractive, when you have those names at the club.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          more time goes on, I think its a token gesture to add to the profile of the club. Bringing in investment and sponsorships is so much more attractive, when you have those names at the club.
          True but I would imagine the size of the deals would be bigger if we were a more attractive outfit (i.e. a Premiership club). Most fans would say that if we spent just £5m (a lot of money to you and I but pennies to the Mittals) we could strengthen this team so much.

Comment

I thought it was the Mittals that were supplying most of the expenditure and that they ain't going to give much more unless they get more shares. personally i wish Flav would sell up to them and naff off to F1.

Comment

Funky , i agree with you though i was saying this over a year ago other ITKs were saying oh if we're near promotion in Jan then they'll spend but they didn't and they didn't last summer either. they shown no ambition to get out of this division at all.

Comment

all the owners talks the 5 star talk but they dont walk the 5 star walk

THe whole point of the project as far as i can see is to try and build a attractive global brand without spending thier own cash. thats the challenge for them.

Lets be honest, if they really wanted to get qpr to the premiership fast they would have done the business last summer spent the required amount to ensure it and would have been counting the premiership sky cash by now.

instead we are going to be in a extremely competative championship next season.
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

People forget that the mittals have a minority stake yes, but, who owns Loftus Road?

Flavio and AMIT
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                    all the owners talks the 5 star talk but they dont walk the 5 star walk

THe whole point of the project as far as i can see is to try and build a attractive global brand without spending thier own cash. thats the challenge for them.

Lets be honest, if they really wanted to get qpr to the premiership fast they would have done the business last summer spent the required amount to ensure it and would have been counting the premiership sky cash by now.

instead we are going to be in a extremely competative championship next season.
                    Spot on we will compete but unless they add two or three quality forwards you can expect us to finish no higher than mid table.

I really cant understand why we have not shown more ambition in the transfer market to match that of the off the field.

Comment

I keep hearing about going after so called better players.

I suspect we have wage caps?

I suspect, you will not be able to buy a player that is premiership level?

Other clubs in this league, may offer better?
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

You watch Pete we will again try and do things on the cheap.

The pending managerial appointment proves that.

Why are we selling the clubs leading goal scorer any side with a bit of ambition would keep him as a squad player as a minimum.

Everything that is coming out of HQ at the moment is sending the wrong signal to the fans.

And they wonder why we have only flogged 3k season tickets.

Total muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                          I do find it weird that we have one of the richest guys in the world on the board at QPR and at the same time are flogging our top scorer?

Why is that?

I thought we wanted to go to the Premier League....never mind perhaps we can loan some more players.

I'm pretty sure any targets that come up after the summer we will put in a low bid, mess around with them..claim they are to much money...insist we will get our man in January...then watch them sign for Wigan.

Wonder who we will get blown out by this summer?

Or will we show some real ambition and buy a couple of forwards that will give us the chance of getting out of this league, not much wrong with the side just needs a bit more quality.
                          Argh ffs can we shutup about him now. He is average at best and if he goes then he goes. He shall not be missed in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                            Argh ffs can we shutup about him now. He is average at best and if he goes then he goes. He shall not be missed in the slightest.
                            What a stupid post.

We scored less goals than Doncaster last year and drew 0-0 11 times.

The club is crying out for fire power upfront with Vine and Ageyman only just coming back from injury.

Flogging our leading goal scorer is hardly sending out the right message to the fan base.

Dexter is a young forward who will get better, and you think he wont be missed.

Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                              What a stupid post.

We scored less goals than Doncaster last year and drew 0-0 11 times.

The club is crying out for fire power upfront with Vine and Ageyman only just coming back from injury.

Flogging our leading goal scorer is hardly sending out the right message to the fan base.

Dexter is a young forward who will get better, and you think he wont be missed.

Joke.

Nah its not a joke or a stupid post either.

Did we miss him when he went to Forest?

NO because tbh like the rest of our strikers he wouldn't score either.

Just my opinion on him. He is highly overated by most of our fans and flogging him for decent price I will be very happy with.

Crying out for fire power?

Is Dexter the answer?

NO!
                              Last edited by BuzsakyIsGod; 25-05-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X