Aidy boothroyd-let's get him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidy boothroyd-let's get him!

Well it seems the club have whittled the managers job down to a shortlist of 3 consisting of,Boothroyd,Cotterill & Magilton

Suerly Boothroyd is the best of this bunch,i would actually be for 1 very pleased with this appointment,although if it was either of the other 2 i would honestly be gutted!

Few people on here have commented on Boothroyds playing style,but to be honest when he got Watford promoted they played some decent football.

Whats your views? Do you think it's a positive move for the R's if he was appointed or would you prefer 1 of the other 2 candidates?

im on your side old son..........ab is a young manager of proven pedigree...........most of us wouldnt worry what sort of football we played as long as we were competative............look at sjoke city fot that!!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Exactly my point me old flower,i just wanna see us win! Ugly wins are fine by me if it means pushing up the league.

I honestly feel the club have been on the verge of B0lloxing up yet another major decision regarding the R's but feel this one appointment could redeem them somewhat

Comment

lets hope its him then mate as the natives will become very restless!

Comment

Well-you have a point. Who would have thought that a vey ordinary Stoke side would have done so well this season (mind you, I reckon they will struggle next year). Me, I'm just gutted Colin Calderwood is out of the running. Was really looking forward to the play-off final at Wembley singing "Colin Calderwood's blue and white army..." etc. And if you believe that, you'll believe anything!

Comment

Boothroyd got Watford up. When they got relegated, the chairman said they needed to reduce wage bill. He was obviously going to struggle.

I keep hearing about the long ball, but his teams battered us most of the time. Ask Ashley Young what he thinks of him and I think you will get a truer picture. Of the 3 he is the best without question, in my opinion.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
              im on your side old son..........ab is a young manager of proven pedigree...........most of us wouldnt worry what sort of football we played as long as we were competative............look at sjoke city fot that!!!!

Proven pedigree ? Watford finished 6th in the league, went up via the lottery that is the play-offs, came straight back down and then what ? Oh yeah he lost his job after another disapointing season.

Comment

Still prefer him over Magilton. Some have short memories.

He got a poor Watford side to a FA CUP semi final, they did not finish bottom when relegated from the premiership. Led the follwoing season for ages, then
                weakened near the end.

Got Watford into 2 play offs.What has Magilton done?
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                  Proven pedigree ? Watford finished 6th in the league, went up via the lottery that is the play-offs, came straight back down and then what ? Oh yeah he lost his job after another disapointing season.

and our 'recent' managers have bettered that have they then ???????...........i'll wait for your reply to a ..................factamondo!!!

Comment

Our recent managers have not been given the time to achieve any success.

Comment

I would rather boothroyd to the other 3 for sure. At least he has got a team promoted.

Comment

Remember who played the football when we played Watford? He totally changed the style last season and got them playing some tidy stuff. He used to play a front three in his first season at Watford and played the system well its not long ball.

Comment

Probably better than the other two.....

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            Remember who played the football when we played Watford? He totally changed the style last season and got them playing some tidy stuff. He used to play a front three in his first season at Watford and played the system well its not long ball.
                            I do beleive he got the sack on Nov 3rd 2008. Who was in charge when we played them ? It wasn't Boothroyd.

Comment

I am with you on this one Pete!

Comment

Working...
                              X