X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley...

Article in the Mail today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...underland.html

Says he doesn't care who goes down as long as it is Sunderland.....

(Note to some on here... He used to play for us. :devil: )
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
    (Note to some on here... He used to play for us. :devil: )
    No argument from me
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

[QUOTE=haqpr1963;55426]Article in the Mail today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...underland.html

Says he doesn't care who goes down as long as it is Sunderland.....

(Note to some on here... He used to play for us. :devil: )[/QUOTE]

Ouch

Comment

God, so many memories of Stan the man....

Remember waiting for the supporters coach to go to some god forsaken hole up north for a mid week match not long before Stan went to Forest. Team coach was due to leave about an hour before us, but had been delayed for some reason. Then out of the Springbok came our Stanley with that wonderful playful grin on his face, 4 cans under his arm and 40 B&H in his hand. How I miss the real characters we used to have in football in the good old days.

Also his return to Loftus Road with Orient. The R's came out first, then onto the pitch strolled a lone Orient player, of course it was our Stanleeeee..... Had what seemed like a 5 minute standing ovation all to himself before the rest of the team joined him. Shame it was all ruined later when Roeder got sent off for a foul on him, bloody Clive Thomas...... :very_sad:

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

I count my blessings that I was able to watch Stan in that special era and recall writing to him once as a youngster and asking if he would phone me one night so I could talk to him,any night would do except Wednesday as I had to go to Cubs

He never did ring of course but I received a lovely letter from the old club secretary (was it a Mr Harris) on embossed letterheaded paper saying he had passed my letter on to Stan etc and I kept that safe for years.

Three decades later and I have ended up good drinking pals with Stan and arranged the interview that Pete did with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            I count my blessings that I was able to watch Stan in that special era and recall writing to him once as a youngster and asking if he would phone me one night so I could talk to him,any night would do except Wednesday as I had to go to Cubs

He never did ring of course but I received a lovely letter from the old club secretary (was it a Mr Harris) on embossed letterheaded paper saying he had passed my letter on to Stan etc and I kept that safe for years.

Three decades later and I have ended up good drinking pals with Stan and arranged the interview that Pete did with him.
            "We few, we lucky few".... Does make you wonder when you see todays so called superstars being carried out of nightclubs at 5 in the morning, where are the characters today?

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
              "We few, we lucky few".... Does make you wonder when you see todays so called superstars being carried out of nightclubs at 5 in the morning, where are the characters today?
              I think money has seperated players from fans todays.Back in Stan's day they weren't much wealthier than the fans.Now the stars can buy a Ferrari every fortnight.They are far removed from the real world and are pampered way too much.

Back in the old days a player retired and spent his testomonial money buying a boozer.Now they retire multi millionaires with no worries in the world.

Comment

great player but an utter waste of space as a human being!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Your all lucky bastads.

Comment

He gave me and many others years of football watching pleasure, something most human beings can only dream of. If he's a waste of space then there's room for a world clearout!:-D

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                      great player but an utter waste of space as a human being!
                      There are millions of people that are a bigger waste of space in this country.

Just watch the news and read the papers.

Comment

Working...
                      X