Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great, But Obscure Home Matches never Mentioned

Some memories?

I know its a familar one but when we beat Luton late eighties/earlynineties and Paul Parker scored his first and only goal. Took my step-son to the game, and he has been converted ever since.

I would add the first game when we down, completely new team and sure we beat Stoke 1-0. Gratifying, because I never knew many on the pitch that day.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Man Utd. May 1989. Won 3-2. Two Andy Gray screamers. Only 10k in there due to a rail and tube strike. Man U had only about 500 in there, all from London. Walked to and from the game in Hounslow, hoping in vain for a 237 to come past with space on it!

Comment

qpr 3 port vale 2 03/04.vale in the lead after about 2 minutes.i think birch equalised mid second half and then cureton came on and banged one in only for vale to equalise in the 90th minute.cureton then popped up in the 94th minute and got us the win
      Last edited by uxbridgeranger; 21-05-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

a game at home against Stockport when we were rock-bottom of the league and we got a hard-fought 2-1 win.

The players and fans celebrated at the end like we had won the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
          a game at home against Stockport when we were rock-bottom of the league and we got a hard-fought 2-1 win.

The players and fans celebrated at the end like we had won the world cup.

vaguely remember that one.don't think we had won at home in about 6 months previous to that game

Comment

1991 - 92 football league division 1 season - the final football league as we knew it b4 the premier league was introduced.

League winners Leeds Utd, only lost 4 games all season.

QPR beat Leeds 4 - 1 at Loftus Road that season..... great game with great goals. However over shadowed by the away victory on New Years day that year.... MMMmmmmmm who was it we play? oh yes, we played some small team in Manchester and we won 4 - 1 .
            The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Comment

Boro at home and we won 5-0 I think they went up that year and we stayed up on goal difference
              We Are The People.....

Comment

Dec 2001, 4-3 win over Wycombe, 3 penalties and 2 sendings off

My first game which is why i remember it - ref might have been rob styles!!! but whoeva it was he had a shocker
                CHAMPIONS
                Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Drawing 2-2 with Sunderland in one of their many promotion seasons. Gerry Francis was back in charge and Dowie was up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
                    Drawing 2-2 with Sunderland in one of their many promotion seasons. Gerry Francis was back in charge and Dowie was up front.
                    kevin phillips scored for them at the school end-absolute screamer-one of the best goals against us ever.

Comment

Qpr 4 Everton 2 - 28th Dec 1992

Southall and Rideout sent off for Everton

QPR go 3-0 up ;D;D

Everton get 2 goals back :waaaht::very_sad:

Everton look the most likely to score next :embarrassed::tired:

Sinton completes his hat-trick with 2 mins to go :super_man::victory::victory:

Comment

QPR 3 Coventry 2. Last minute free kick winner in front of Loft from Stan the man.

It was FA Cup replay (only one on that night) and Jim Gregory refused cameras entry for highlights fearing it would lower the crowd.

Great game as well as result

Comment

qpr 5- 5 newcastle..........the greatest game ever seen at lr...............4-0 at half time to waddle,gasgoigne n all...............pull it back to 4-3.go 5-3 doen with minutes to go..........gary micklewhite in injury time..................and i get pinched outside.............:horror:
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X