What is your claim to fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your claim to fame?

In the late 80's I wrote regularly in the QPR programme. Please don't look it up. No, honestly, don't. Then went on to write for AKUTR's. My best job ever.

Then became an established columnist for regional, national and worldwide newspapers and magazines. No, I've never heard of me, either. Don't worry about it. Have you ever had a rejection letter when they've said: "We can't have you as a columnist because we have Jordan"? I have. Soul destroying, or what?

Anyway, I appeared on Fifteen To One for 13 minutes in 1995 and that's what everyone around here (they can't read anyway) reminds me of.

So, the question is: What is your claim to fame?

You have done well!

I don't like fame and never want it... it's not me but many people do and it be good to read about them.

Comment

i slept with an ex chelsea n england internationals 'big' sister...............once...........:scorn:
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

hmm, i have a fair few but not many football related.

Suppose the best footy one would be having breakfast with the England Team a few times. Mate of my dad's runs (ran?) the post house hotel by the training ground (think its a holiday inn now). And whenever England were flying abroad they'd be based there...he'd call us up and me and my dad would get put in the VIP breakfast area lol. So i'd be sitting with all the players.

Worse eater was Chris Woods who I saw literally cover an entire fry up in an entire bottle of HP sauce. Alan Smith really was the "prof"..he'd sit on his own reading a book. Graham Taylor was lovely, Lawry Mcmenery (dunno how you spell) it was an utter utter winker

All the hotel staff and waitresses used to try and collar players and coaching staff for autographs...One time my Dad wore a replica England tracksuit..and they kept asking him for his. He duly obliged, so there's signed England shirts out there and autograph books which contain the big signature of one "Paul Jones" on them amongst all the old england stars
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I was on crosswits (or was it half wits) once, my "celebrity" partner was Geofrey Durham aka The Great Suprendo

I won

Comment

I was there when factomondo was started.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I shared a cell with John Mcvicar.

Comment

brain.........................
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qprgary View Post
                  I shared a cell with John Mcvicar.
                  What - the Adam Faith character in the film
                  Great film McVicar btw.

Comment

i once bit the head off a live hamster
                    what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

i tried to work for the ECB couple months ago but got a letter back saying I ws too young :( haha
                      QPR&ENGLAND

Comment

Used to play with Paul Parker in my youth. Me and my dad used to run him to the games. Still have a beer with Dean Coney (massive claime to fame!!). :cry:

Comment

I still see Paul from time to time as more son used to play fb for csford city yth with his son.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Appeared briefly on Sky in our great 2-1 win at home to Liverpool on Halloween night 1995. I was standing in the Lower Loft beneath this small skeleton puppet thing hanging from the Upper Loft. I too wore a mask that meant to look Haloweeny but it looked more like the face of a dodgy old man.

Being interviewed from Sky Sports outside the ground the day Ray Wilkins left a few games in our 1st season down from the Premier League.

Appeared on a talk show in the Philippines in the audience wearing my Blue and White hoops...the birds on there were quite fit too! ;)
                            Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
                              Used to play with Paul Parker in my youth. Me and my dad used to run him to the games. Still have a beer with Dean Coney (massive claime to fame!!). :cry:
                              Dean is my dads cousin!!! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X