No announcement yet.

Should Gianni do the honourable thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the time that Gianni has been at our club, I've only ever spoken to him three times, and I've no doubts whatsoever that he has the very best interests of our club at heart, he's an ardent Ranger.
    If, as big ade says, we hadn't had Gianni Paladini at the helm, steering the good ship QPR from off the rocks of administration, I can only imagine in my worst nightmares what state our beloved football club would be in just now.

Thanks, Gianni, for all you've done for our club, and here's hoping you're here for some time to come yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
      In the time that Gianni has been at our club, I've only ever spoken to him three times, and I've no doubts whatsoever that he has the very best interests of our club at heart, he's an ardent Ranger.
      If, as big ade says, we hadn't had Gianni Paladini at the helm, steering the good ship QPR from off the rocks of administration, I can only imagine in my worst nightmares what state our beloved football club would be in just now.

Thanks, Gianni, for all you've done for our club, and here's hoping you're here for some time to come yet.
      Agree. What makes me laugh is that hardly anyone on the web actually knows what he does - or has done. Couple in the fact what he has gone through.

If I told you that the Met were so genuinely scared for his and his families safety that there was 24 hour surveillance on his daughters house and her sons school? Or if I told you that he was stuck on a train and was running very late but they couldnt get hold of him that the met was so worried he was getting "hit" or had been "hit" that they sent half of SO19 to meet the train?

Also, who stumped up the cash for Blackstock and for Camp?

I think history will show that the bloke has done more and gone through more for QPR than anyone else in our history.

Like I said though, I voted yes, the bloke has earnt a retirement and the time to spend with his family and not worry about QPR anymore IMHO
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

to be honest there is no need for a sporting director anyway it has never worked in england

managers don't like it. half the reason some managers laugh when we are mentioned

yes maybe without him we would not be here but does that mean he should have a job for life.

also when he did own us certain members of staff didn't have a good word to say about him

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          Agree. What makes me laugh is that hardly anyone on the web actually knows what he does - or has done. Couple in the fact what he has gone through.

If I told you that the Met were so genuinely scared for his and his families safety that there was 24 hour surveillance on his daughters house and her sons school? Or if I told you that he was stuck on a train and was running very late but they couldnt get hold of him that the met was so worried he was getting "hit" or had been "hit" that they sent half of SO19 to meet the train?

I think history will show that the bloke has done more and gone through more for QPR than anyone else in our history.

Like I said though, I voted yes, the bloke has earnt a retirement and the time to spend with his family and not worry about QPR anymore IMHO

No one (well some may) is saying he did not 'save us', or indeed used his own money to buy players (if true), but that it is not sufficient for him being our Sporting Director.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

Blimey, Scott, Gianni and his family have certainly been through the ringer, 'aint they?
            If Gianni decides to retire, then all well and good, but I'd hate to see him forced out.

Comment

No - he's a good bloke - helped find a buyer for the club when we were in the sheet

Comment

make him lifetime club president or some such but,honestly,sporting director??????please.

Comment

I think you need to learn your history Scott - done more for the club than anyone ever in our history - my ****ing #### - how long you actually been going?

Don't believe everything you're told..
                  "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                  QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                  Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                  Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Think Jim Gegory may have done just a tad more than your master Scott, do you know Jim was Scott ??
                    From the Hills of Kerry
                    To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

SORRY here is the R i missed out of Gregory
                      From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

don't understand why gianni is such a scapegoat. does anyone really think he is saying "no flavio, plse don't spend money on players or a decent manager, its much better to spend virtually nothing, its the way to get us promoted..."

Comment

cmon lads keep voting, lets get a good cross section of the board, so whatever the result it carries some substance
                          From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

Working...
                          X