Jim Magilton -v- Roy Keane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Magilton -v- Roy Keane

Am beginning to think Roy Keane is vastly overrated. He had a great first season at Sunderland albeit spending big. What he showed overall though during his tenure was appalling lack of judgement in the transfer market, an ability to fall out with players and make stupid comments through the media, an inability to cope with the pressure long term and an end result of an expensively assembled poor Premiership side. A couple of good results at the end of last season does not make him a managerial God. Personally I am glad we didn't get him. I fully expect him to have a great first season at Ipswich but can then see it all falling apart very quickly again. He has already managed a few stupid media comments and he has only been there 5 minutes!

Jim Magilton totally different kettle of fish. I agree with the majority that he is not the inspiratational appointment I am hoping for. However was his record at Ipswich really that bad? In my view they were moving in the right direction, obviously not as quickly as the board wanted, but they were doing ok and playing some nice stuff at times. If he is the new man and is given time and support we know he likes his team playing nice football and we have the players to allow him to do that. He is young and ambitious and will feel he has something to prove.

Still hoping the Flav surprises us with a wow factor appointment but would be happy to give Jim 'Magic' Magilton a try if not.

He´s living on his reputation as a player, the players has a lot of respect for him. But if he doesn´t have "the rest", he won´t make it in the long run. Would not be happy with a appointment of Jim M, we can do better than that. Seems lika a step backwards.

Comment

Working...
    X