Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAGILTON- You have got to be kidding......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAGILTON- You have got to be kidding......

In the Daily Mail reports are that Jim is in the short list.

This would be a terrible decision for the club to make.

A guy that had a fortune to spend at Ipswich but failed to get them into them into the play offs is now favourite for the QPR job.

I cant believe the club would be this stupid.

The board have invested a fortune in off the field matters have put the best part of 30 million quid into the club yet are on the verge of appointing a manager who was sacked a few weeks weeks ago for failing over 3 years at Ipswich.

Would Flavio put Stevie Wonder in a Renaut for god sake ...of course not he went out and got Alonso who was the best guy possible.

It has to be some form of joke.

They are trying to sell season tickets to the fan base and they think this will be a good appointment.

I'll renew I know I will call it what you will blind faith but this will not be a popular appointment in fact it smacks once again of trying to do things on the cheap.

The board should be going all out to bring in this best guy available if that means paying compensation to other clubs, offering big money to proven candiates then so be it.

Magilton smacks to me of a desperate appointment and one which I think most fans would see as an insult.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

I've said it before.

he is probably a nice guy, a good manager and a motivator. Our aspirations though if this guy takes charge must be mid-table for that reason, would it not be a good idea to revert back to the old season ticket prices? Happy to watch mid-table football but that should be reflected in the price we pay to watch. Please, don't give us a dream of champions league football in 4 years time, as this kind of appointment will only confirm we have not learned from previous mistakes.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

People keep talking about how much money Magilton spent at Ipswich yet the same people were probably screaming for Roy Keane who spent £50 million on crap PL team.

It just doesn't make sense.

Comment

To be honest, the money aspect not really a concern for me.

just look at it logically. Our board keep telling us how ambitious they are?

Most believe them, so when they see a Keane go to ipswich and we possibly get the man he replaced, it makes you think.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Roy Keane would not of been my choice I think he made some poor signings in the PL with Sunderland.

But to appoint Jim Magilton as our next gaffer come off it hardly inspring given our boards ambitions.

If anyone else thinks that Jim Magilton is the best guy possible then I will bow to there knowledge of the game.

For me I think he did a crap job at Ipswich and should not be let anywhere near Loftus Road.

There are plenty of other managers who are out of work at the moment who would do a much better job.

Would be a criminal appointment and would make us the laughing stock of the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            To be honest, the money aspect not really a concern for me.

just look at it logically. Our board keep telling us how ambitious they are?

Most believe them, so when they see a Keane go to ipswich and we possibly get the man he replaced, it makes you think.
            Exactly why cant they see this....it's a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
              Roy Keane would not of been my choice I think he made some poor signings in the PL with Sunderland.

But to appoint Jim Magilton as our next gaffer come off it hardly inspring given our boards ambitions.

If anyone else thinks that Jim Magilton is the best guy possible then I will bow to there knowledge of the game.

For me I think he did a crap job at Ipswich and should not be let anywhere near Loftus Road.

There are plenty of other managers who are out of work at the moment who would do a much better job.

Would be a criminal appointment and would make us the laughing stock of the Championship.
              we already are..
              Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                People keep talking about how much money Magilton spent at Ipswich yet the same people were probably screaming for Roy Keane who spent £50 million on crap PL team.

It just doesn't make sense.
                Keane spent nearer £80million.And bought mostly rubbish.Last manager i would trust with a transfer kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                  Keane spent nearer £80million.And bought mostly rubbish.Last manager i would trust with a transfer kitty.
                  Agreed. Not only did he spend ridiculous amounts, but he initially spent it on CCC quality players, not prem players, so was it any wonder they only scrapped survival... I mean £5m on Chopra, £6m on Jones, £5m on Chimbonda, £4m on Andy Reid, £5.5m on Richardson (believes his own hype just becasue he was at Utd), 9m on Gordon (although to be fair he's a good keeper, but not that good. Friedel went for about £2m to Villa) £8m on Ferdinand etc etc...

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our paltry transfer pot.

As for Magilton, yes he apparently spent in the region of £12m, but also sold players to the value of about £10m i read, therefore net spend of £2m.... doesn't seem that bad when you consider that.

Comment

I agree with ya pete, the fact he spent 12 mil at ipswich doesnt really effect my decision on Jim, but with all the ambition talk, and champions league talk, promisis made by the board appointing Jim Magilton just doesnt make sense!!!

Im sticking to my guns, i still dont think he will get the job, paper talk thats got a few ears raised, hopefully nothing more than that, im still hopeful were going to be delighted with the next appointment.
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post
                      I agree with ya pete, the fact he spent 12 mil at ipswich doesnt really effect my decision on Jim, but with all the ambition talk, and champions league talk, promisis made by the board appointing Jim Magilton just doesnt make sense!!!

Im sticking to my guns, i still dont think he will get the job, paper talk thats got a few ears raised, hopefully nothing more than that, im still hopeful were going to be delighted with the next appointment.

It's OK it's a smokescreen. Even Flavio couldn't do this to us or the club...............could he?!!!!!!!:what:
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

It would be a cheap appointment as are some of the other so others mentioned in the list.

It's simply a list of managers that have failed in other clubs.

I dont know what criteria the board look at when appointing a manager but I would imagine it should be proven track record, good man management, and dare I say his teams in the past have played good football?

Looks to me like QPR's currently reads as;

(1) Cheap

(2) Available

(3) Crap

(4) Unpopular
                        Last edited by Funky; 21-05-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Don't want him but for me it's anyone but LDC for me at the moment.

An LDC appointment would neuter this club for years to come

Comment

Id rather Paul Parker as Manager and Lef F as coach assistant
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

we must be able to prise O'Driscoll from Donny surely

Comment

Working...
                              X