X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briatore and salary capping

One of several sources about this interview:

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=148613

Whilst I could not agree more with him on players salaries, he seems to be at odds with himself if stories about ST and matchday increases are to be believed. Surely if he feels that salaries are an issue, then so must be the admission prices, even if only for the forthcoming season.

to me it is a cover up as to why they haven't bought in better players...they might want more wages.....so by stating what he has covers his back as an excuse.

Comment

Suggests to me he is also dampening expectations about summer signings. Pete was mooting on here the other day the chance of getting players like Frazer Campbell. Wd love to be proved wrong and Pete may have heard something on the QT but I'd suggest it will be more bargain basement/ loan signings.

Comment

I think we will get 2 qulaity strikers.

I rightly blame Sousa for his tinkering, but it was short-sighted not to get another top striker in and that as cost us to a degree.

Do think they thought Blackstock and Helgusson would come up trumps, but lita (even though not my kind of player), was for the taking.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Here we go again - you rightly blame Sousa for his tinkering? since when were you judge, jury and executioner? It's your opinion Pete - nothing more nothing less and there's quite a few of us who disagree..
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

brightonr has got it right - FB should put a cap on ticket prices and drinks,food etc.This is also rich coming from a hypocrite who reputedly paid £25,000 a week for that waste of space Perejo just to impress his cronies.

Comment

PETE: Did we actually ever make any contact to sign Lita?????

Or did we not even bother!???
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I do find this quite ironic coming from a man that blows 20k on light fittings at the reception of HQ.

Charges 10k for a seat in the C - Club.

£3,500 for a season ticket in W12

Has us paying the highest prices in the CCC, and wanted to charge Derby County £50 for there visit to HQ.

Yet now he thinks everyone should be prudent with how they run the club and players are over paid.

The man really is very out of touch.....plus also I'm sure european law states that you cant restrict salaries in certain areas.

Where's Nick De Marco when you need him ;D
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Agree Pete, though in fairness to both Dex and Helguson they both have good strike rates for us (albeit having also missed a lot chances) but its hard to score goals if you aren't picked.

I assume now Dex will leave at the end of the season but if he stayed I'd be happy with just one more striker of the quality of Lita, seeing as we will also have Vine and in any case we will prob only play with one striker for a lot of games - all I would say is it needs to be someone better than we already have, no point just getting another so-so striker.

Do you think Lita is poss in the summer?

Comment

shame Flavio cannot apply the same theory on salary capping to season ticket capping?
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                    X