OK, about the manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, about the manager...

I can see why it can't be a Coppell or a Curbishley because anyone of that calibre is not going to go near us after the shambolic, triger-happy way the board conducted itself last season. I can also see why an up and coming manager like Ferguson, O'Driscoll or Martinez would rather stay at a smaller club where he has security and does not have to deal with a meglamaniac (I mention no names....). So I accept we are only going to be looking for a manager down at the job centre among the medium to long term unemployed. Fair enough, I suppose. But if you must go for one of these desperate men as part of your "project" to attain Champions League Football (don't laugh...), is even Paul Ince beyond our ambition? Would he really rather be unemployed than work for us? Or has our board simply not even looked at him because he is insufficiently a "yes" man?
    I'm definately on the realist wing of the fanbase. I just laugh when people mention Ranieiri, Sven, etc. I don't even think we can attract a mid-table employed championship manager. But is it really being too greedy to think we might have something to offer a manager who did quite well in the third and fourth tiers of English football, and who is now practicing his golf swing in between signing on?
    If the shortlist of four that Isleworth has printed is correct - and it seems quite authoratitive - then it is shockingly, stupifyingly bad - and I'm not normally given to over-statement. I have to say I really couldn't care less which of those four got it because they all leave me speechless as they are all pretty well hopeless. If that was the Blackpool shortlist you might even shrug: "is that the best they can do?"
    Bring back Holloway, call Ince, even DiCaneo (at least it wd be quite entertaining). Nigel Martin? Jude? DexterforEngland? Anyone but that shower, plse...

we should go for that Eric Cantona

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
      we should go for that Eric Cantona

Would settle for Eric the eel ahead of the proposed shortlist..... :anger:

Comment

There are only two managers that could do the business, and they both begin with C, Curbishley and Coppell.

Calderwell, Cottrill, Boothroyd and Magilton will not take us forward, we may as well had just stuck with dowie. What a joke!

Comment

Agreed Olly, but unless there is a lot going on that the press are not hearing about, we aren't even trying for either of them. Both are unemployed, its not like either of Jose Mourinho. Astonishing...

Comment

In terms of the out of work managers I would prefer Jewell, Ince, Wise or Poyet than those listed but I don't believe that is our shortlist. I believe we are waiting for the Spanish/Italian season to finish and to see what comes available. If Scunny don't win promotion we could even find ourselves go after Nigel Adkins.

Comment

As i said, if our aim is mid-table next season, then have no problem with a Jim Magilton appointment. But in return, reduce the Season tickets back to where they were and please stop giving us a high degree of expectation
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Steve coppell will probably go to chelsea
                QPR&ENGLAND

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  As i said, if our aim is mid-table next season, then have no problem with a Jim Magilton appointment. But in return, reduce the Season tickets back to where they were and please stop giving us a high degree of expectation
                  but our "official site" says we have all this "feel good" factor at the moment,who the **** writes that garbage:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Agree. I can't and don't believe that Magilton is seriously being considered for one moment. "So Mr Magilton you failed 3 seasons in a row and spent £12m in the process what makes you think you'll be a success at QPR?"

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                      Agree. I can't and don't believe that Magilton is seriously being considered for one moment. "So Mr Magilton you failed 3 seasons in a row and spent £12m in the process what makes you think you'll be a success at QPR?"
                      "success"doesnt come into it with our owners,he is cheap,available and wants the job,which makes him over qualified:shame:

Comment

Working...
                      X