My Opinion if "Daily Mail" Report is Correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I calling it a campaign?

It was targeted. It was incessant. It's a snide quote in your signature. We all watched the same games. Nearly 90% of members on this board voted for patience. You carried on.

You kept on saying the players were good enough. The squad he had to pick from were not.

Well done, you got your way. So when we're on that run of crap football under the next manager, shut the hell up.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Pete,do you honestly think a foreign manager is a better option than a British one like Magilton?.

They will in all likely know almost nothing of our league,and will know nothing of the players in our price range.

Magilton is not the best option,but would still take him over a foreign one that has not managed in this country.

Comment

Stan,

I think its more th dream we have been given. The moment the new board came in and dismissed Gregory and brought in De Canio, we all thought here we go.

Still maintain, I watched quality football. Lets put that to one side for a minute, no-one can really argue its gone downhill since last summer. We all expected better than Dowie only because we were given that perception by the board. I remember a certain guy who runs harrods who gave a similar dream and before long he found Fulham in the premiership. Thats the kind of thing I was expecting. A Tigana type manager not a Dowie. Have to admit was very happy intially with the Sousa appointment, but I was sick and tired with what I was watching.

What you expect, if you are being asked to buy into a dream is someone better than Jim Magilton. As I said earlier, its going full circle back to someone like gregory. Jim Magilton is probably a good person, a great guy and maybe a good manager, but we have been given so much spill about being potentially better than good. if we had been told, we are looking for championship mid-table next season, I honestly would not have a problem with bringing in someone like Jim magilton, but reduce the prices back to what they were if you are going to do that. Don't ask us fans to buy into a dream, if you are not going out of your way to bring someone in that can match that.

A team in ourt situation should be able to prize someone a little better, a Di Matteo, Ince or even a Paul Jewell spring to mind.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Jim Magilton

Managerial statistics
          As of 22 April 2009.
          Team Nation From To Matches Won Drawn Lost Win %
          Ipswich Town England 5 June 2006 22 April 2009 148 56 41 51 37.8

Roughly 70 points per season average

not enough for a play off place. No experience of taking a team up.

Bad , and odd, choice.

Comment

Newarkr.

Campaign Versus opinion are entirely different. I am gving an opinion about potential managers in the same way, its not a campaign.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Well, we can only wait and see.

No campaign from me, but give me a foriegn manabger anytime over the managers names that have been branded about.

If madge does get the job, then I hope you won't be using the same old argument. Next 5- 7 days will be interesting

What would that be pray tell?

I have always stated you are GP's goffer and anything you write will always be viewed by me as such.

Comment

Stan,

I think its more th dream we have been given. The moment the new board came in and dismissed Gregory and brought in De Canio, we all thought here we go.

Still maintain, I watched quality football. Lets put that to one side for a minute, no-one can really argue its gone downhill since last summer. We all expected better than Dowie only because we were given that perception by the board. I remember a certain guy who runs harrods who gave a similar dream and before long he found Fulham in the premiership. Thats the kind of thing I was expecting. A Tigana type manager not a Dowie. Have to admit was very happy intially with the Sousa appointment, but I was sick and tired with what I was watching.

What you expect, if you are being asked to buy into a dream is someone better than Jim Magilton. As I said earlier, its going full circle back to someone like gregory. Jim Magilton is probably a good person, a great guy and maybe a good manager, but we have been given so much spill about being potentially better than good. if we had been told, we are looking for championship mid-table next season, I honestly would not have a problem with bringing in someone like Jim magilton, but reduce the prices back to what they were if you are going to do that. Don't ask us fans to buy into a dream, if you are not going out of your way to bring someone in that can match that.

A team in ourt situation should be able to prize someone a little better, a Di Matteo, Ince or even a Paul Jewell spring to mind.

Not being sycophantic but spot on Pete. A classic case of over-promise and under deliver by our fat cat, football novice, playboy board!!!!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Pete,you say you were happy with the appointment of Sousa but was sick of what you were watching.

Who is to say another big name foriegner won't be the same again?.

I would be happy with O'Driscoll if we are gonna for a manager of Magilton's level.Surely he must be poachable?.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                    Pete,you say you were happy with the appointment of Sousa but was sick of what you were watching.

Who is to say another big name foriegner won't be the same again?.

I would be happy with O'Driscoll if we are gonna for a manager of Magilton's level.Surely he must be poachable?.
                    i think it is quiet obvious at this stage that our owners are cheap #######s and will ALWAYS take the cheao option,ie an unemployed manager that no one else wants,ie is cheap and no compensation required."moneybags"QPR indeed:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                      i think it is quiet obvious at this stage that our owners are cheap #######s and will ALWAYS take the cheao option,ie an unemployed manager that no one else wants,ie is cheap and no compensation required."moneybags"QPR indeed:confused:
                      Might as well just sign up Ince if we are gonna go that route only.As long as it is not that overgrown schoolboy Wise i will take anyone i think.:horror:

Comment

You would think with the board we have, most managers would be poachable. All you do is tell them what you tell the fans "we want champions league football" in these many years and see them knock on the door.

trouble is football managers, are not as gullible as some fans (me included)

Comment

You would think with the board we have, most managers would be poachable. All you do is tell them what you tell the fans "we want champions league football" in these many years and see them knock on the door.

trouble is football managers, are not as gullible as some fans (me included)
                          me included,i also believed the crap they spinned us,"champions league" football within 4 years,we were better off in the bad days(league1),at least we didnt expect much,so couldnt be diss:very_sad:apointed.

Comment

nice post pete

Comment

Working...
                            X