Interesting Summer Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Summer Reading

Never thought I would recommend a "business book" under the heading "interesting Summer reading", but I think a lot of you would enjoy "Cold Steel"

It's an inside account into the Lakshmi Mittal and the competition of steel billionaires for the control of the global market (and more and more money). I am about half way through and it is rivetinmg. Like the back cover says it really is written like a thriller and you get hooked on the action.

Some QPR fans will be interested in an inside account into Mr Mittal. It's generally a sympathetic account of him, eiether because he is a genuinely more sympathetic character than many other meglomaniac businessmen (which is not hard), or because the main author was the first journo to have privileged inside access into the Mittal family - of expect a bit of both. Although you do see the ruthless streak as well. It also made me speculate that if Mr Mitttal applied his straetgy for building his steel industry to QPR (and there is no reason why he should or would want to) I would not be surprised if the first thing he did was try and merge/buy Chelsea and Fulham on the way to creating a London United etc etc. Something you don't need to tell me would not work (although they said that about the steel mergers).

Anyway, here is a link to the book. I recommend it

http://www.coldsteelbook.com/home.htm

Happy Summer everyone

Nick

Originally posted by Nicoisback View Post
    Never thought I would recommend a "business book" under the heading "interesting Summer reading", but I think a lot of you would enjoy "Cold Steel"

It's an inside account into the Lakshmi Mittal and the competition of steel billionaires for the control of the global market (and more and more money). I am about half way through and it is rivetinmg. Like the back cover says it really is written like a thriller and you get hooked on the action.

Some QPR fans will be interested in an inside account into Mr Mittal. It's generally a sympathetic account of him, eiether because he is a genuinely more sympathetic character than many other meglomaniac businessmen (which is not hard), or because the main author was the first journo to have privileged inside access into the Mittal family - of expect a bit of both. Although you do see the ruthless streak as well. It also made me speculate that if Mr Mitttal applied his straetgy for building his steel industry to QPR (and there is no reason why he should or would want to) I would not be surprised if the first thing he did was try and merge/buy Chelsea and Fulham on the way to creating a London United etc etc. Something you don't need to tell me would not work (although they said that about the steel mergers).

Anyway, here is a link to the book. I recommend it

http://www.coldsteelbook.com/home.htm

Happy Summer everyone

Nick
    Hi Nick,long time no speak etc

To save me buying a copy can you post me yours when you have finished with it?

Comment

Better still Paul lets meet up some barmy summers day have a beer and I can lend it to you then

hope you and your lovely Misses are fine and not suffering from the politicians expenses scandal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nicoisback View Post
        Better still Paul lets meet up some barmy summers day have a beer and I can lend it to you then

hope you and your lovely Misses are fine and not suffering from the politicians expenses scandal lol
        Sounds a great idea to me mate and I shall look foward to it.

Comment

Working...
        X