this club is 'small time'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neo View Post
    Read the posts to answer your question qpr....rumours of unpopular managers and players being scouted/interviewed. I think that covers that one.

We are not BIg so we are small. Big to me is Leeds, 40k at home games and they are in a REALLY shite league, don't we know it .

You telling me doesn't counter what I feel I'm afraid.

Leeds we are not.
    Small time is Brentford right
    This club has the potencial of being a good club in the Premier league,
    but fans are fed up off it taking time but i dont blame
    Flavio because he is saving money, who can blame him for that!

Fact he joined in the football side, put ticket prices up is not good.
    But you learn from mistakes i'm sure.
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hope so mate....hope so!
      Time will tell eh!

The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
      :grimace:

Comment

The future is bright i'm sure of it, just fans can't see it yet.

And no im not Flavio by the way ;D
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
          the problem is after 15 years of fighting to stay afloat we have been sold the idea by the owners that we are going to be Champions league contenders in 5 years , and after 2 years we're just 3 points better. It was logical to expect big signings , we;ve got 2 billionaires on the board ffs!! BUT everytime we think this is it quality manager and quality signings we get linked with Magilton and DJ Campbell and our dreams are dashed again.
          couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            Small time is Brentford right
            This club has the potencial of being a good club in the Premier league,
            but fans are fed up off it taking time but i dont blame
            Flavio because he is saving money, who can blame him for that!

Fact he joined in the football side, put ticket prices up is not good.
            But you learn from mistakes i'm sure.
            brentford would get roughly the same crowds as us if they were in our position.
            im not sure we have the potential to finish in the top 6 next season
            i blame flavio for not doing what he promised.but he didnt make us small time,we have always been that way.

Comment

Is it me or if the club took the plunge appointed a Ranneri, Scolari or Erikkson, pay him the money they wanted, supporters would be queing up tomorrow to buy season tickets.

Would put 2,000 on crowds at least as well
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

if they released loads of wonga to be spent on whoever they wanted,then yes we would sell some more season tickets. i wouldnt get one though.

Comment

I think a TOP TOP manager would have the same impact, a Manchester United or Aston Villa trip did for QPR fans early last season
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    I think a TOP TOP manager would have the same impact, a Manchester United or Aston Villa trip did for QPR fans early last season
                    i think it may have an impact on the ones waiting to see who the manager is but there are the ones who simply can't afford to pay the money. they could appoint jesus as manager but if you don't have the money then it won't make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Is it me or if the club took the plunge appointed a Ranneri, Scolari or Erikkson, pay him the money they wanted, supporters would be queing up tomorrow to buy season tickets.

Would put 2,000 on crowds at least as well
                      It would if they spent on some quality players too

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                        sorry old son we wont be near sell out unless we were a prem club!
                        Last home game in League 1 v Swindon. 18,500 sell out with people banging on the doors to get in. Ticket Office reckon they turned away an additional 5,000 people for that game. The crowds that season proved we were too big for League 1 (and in fairness the two preceding seasons too where we didn't slip out of the top 3 average attendances despite the Yeovil, Vauxhall and Swansea debacles). Only Wednesday had a bigger average.

Our average away following as a ratio of average home attendance is one of the best in all 4 divisions too...

So........the potential is out there. Clearly. We talk ourselves down too much and have a much gloomier perception of our standing than 99% of the football industry.

What we have at the moment is a downward spiral of management incompetence and general malaise and inertia around the club. Stamp that out and people will come flooding back.

Comment

agree Nodge, i think there's a sense of deflation since the owners took over that they haven't matched their promises while raising ticket prices.

Comment

Working...
                          X