Whoever the manager is...will be the wrong appointment and gone by xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever the manager is...will be the wrong appointment and gone by xmas

quite simple we've taken far too long to make this appointment - its not because we 'want to get it right' (more spin of course) its because we're trying to work out who manager is the best of a bad bunch. not one name we've been linked with has inspired any confidence (perhaps coppell and curbishley excluded excepted they've not really been linked) and the names stretching from cotterill to vialli all smack of desperation.

everything's up to flavio who at the moment is FAR more interested in F1 than us, meaning the decision is going to be fickle and uninformed. we will not give whoever is in charge a sizeable budget (more spin from the club in having helugson telling us how strong we are when we're not) and therefore when we expect to be in the top 6 by xmas and we're not, he'll be sacked!

the 'feel good factor' is the biggest joke, and im completely offended by the club's treatment of us fans as total *****s. if anything, their arrogance and inability to comprehend ANYTHING to do with football has left me to believe we have a board of *****S and to be honest, im actually still fuming at all the PR guff that is stinking the club out and i have never felt so disinterested or in fact disgusted at this club that is alienating a core base and is slowly becoming the contempt of football.

You get the impression that whoever is responsible for the constant stream of bullmanure emanating from the club, was one of those wartime spivs who flogged nylons out of battered suitcases behind the bomb shelter.

Comment

Did you watch Back to The Future yesterday as well, and get a little carried away?

Comment

Originally posted by iloverangers View Post
        quite simple we've taken far too long to make this appointment - its not because we 'want to get it right' (more spin of course) its because we're trying to work out who manager is the best of a bad bunch. not one name we've been linked with has inspired any confidence (perhaps coppell and curbishley excluded excepted they've not really been linked) and the names stretching from cotterill to vialli all smack of desperation.

everything's up to flavio who at the moment is FAR more interested in F1 than us, meaning the decision is going to be fickle and uninformed. we will not give whoever is in charge a sizeable budget (more spin from the club in having helugson telling us how strong we are when we're not) and therefore when we expect to be in the top 6 by xmas and we're not, he'll be sacked!

the 'feel good factor' is the biggest joke, and im completely offended by the club's treatment of us fans as total *****s. if anything, their arrogance and inability to comprehend ANYTHING to do with football has left me to believe we have a board of *****S and to be honest, im actually still fuming at all the PR guff that is stinking the club out and i have never felt so disinterested or in fact disgusted at this club that is alienating a core base and is slowly becoming the contempt of football.
        What a Lovely positive post! the most inappropriate user name So far!

Comment

lol

im in the middle of my law exams so am extremely stressed and in the past qpr used to be a welcome break from the mundanities of real life and im starting to get really vexed that its actually not a welcome distraction, more of an annoyance at the moment.

furthermore, whilst on the face of it its pessimistic, im always one to believe in pragmatism. so unless you can say anything iv said is unrealistic im afraid iv just realised a few home truths!

Comment

oh and by the way - i didn't swear but for some reason i-d-i-o-t-s is deemed too inappropriate!

Comment

well

negativity is no good we must get exited by who ever he gives the manager job to because theres a chance that the new manager can turn the club around

Comment

I have to admit, none of the managers mentioned inspire me either. Jim Magilton, Steve Cottrill, Vialli, Boothroyd, Worthington, Holloway, Wise, Claridge, Adams, Ince and Jewell etc...

Too be honest, if any of those are appointed, then we may as well had stuck with Dowie.

Comment

I think he's spot on, to be honest. No manager worth having will want to come here. We've all said this ever since Sousa was sacked, haven't we? In fact we said after Dowie was sacked!

I think that Magilton etc. only see us as a retirement plan for when they are dismissed after 15 games, rather than a further step in their managerial careers. No wonder all the low profile managers are queing up to be interviewed.

I've renewed, grudgingly, but I know I'm going to be well peeved when the new man is announced. Sorry, it is negative. But it's the truth.

I would dearly love to be proven wrong, however.
                  Last edited by Minty; 18-05-2009, 08:12 PM.
                  Be nice to Minty

Comment

I think he may have a point.

One thing that can be easy at times can be the appointment of a manager, yes interview more than one but to be honest if you have to interview every tom, dick and harry who applies you ain't looking at the top man for the job.

A managers CV is not something private is it!

Let's face it, not many of the names linked hit my top 3 and if the likes of Curbs was available I would be thinking only of that calibre and doing what I can to get the man at that level in.

Maybe FB's waiting for a sacking to happen and get in one of the top managers from the play-offs?
                    The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                    :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                      negativity is no good we must get exited by who ever he gives the manager job to because theres a chance that the new manager can turn the club around
                      absolutely,providing its not any of the recent names mentioned on this board:what:

Comment

negativity is no good but i think trying to act like nothing's wrong and there is a feel good factor is an insult to my intelligence. we need to wake up

Comment

Working...
                        X