Connors on the Dot Org Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connors on the Dot Org Board

Is this guy real or a troll as has been suggested by some regulars on that site?

Some very strong views on fellow fans to put it mildly

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=37094

Way way too much to wade through there!
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

As a PERSON NOT RENEWING through principle, I read conners thread with interest, and can only come to the conclusion he is a proper WUM, if not his view on fellow Rs is woeful
      From the Hills of Kerry
      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by adethesunburyranger View Post
        As a PERSON NOT RENEWING through principle, I read conners thread with interest, and can only come to the conclusion he is a proper WUM, if not his view on fellow Rs is woeful
        WUM

gotta love that word lofl
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Proper cat scratching argument. I kind of agree with some of Conners points, but also think some have taken it the wrong way. Not sure he has put his views across to healthy though.

I think the fact of the matter really is that supporters do have/need to realise that; I'll put it in simple terms for all to understand; if a product doesn't sell then why should the manufacturer pump money into it to try and keep it running. That would be flogging a dead horse surely? However, I will say if the manufacturer kept the prices reasonable then maybe more would purchase the product.

A fact people possibly don't realise is that our clubs expenditure is a lot more than someone like Watford and they average slightly higher attendances than we do (stat taken from: http://soccer-stats.football365.com/...D1/attend.html). Policing and road closures alone cost the club almost £70k a month more than they have to pay. Things have to be paid for and anyone who honestly thinks that our board should be fronting a club losing millions a season isn't really living in the real world. I understand times are hard and sympathise with those who cannot afford to attend games but unfortunately life can be crap at times! At the end of the day, gone are the days when football was a sport. It’s now a business 1st and a sport 2nd. Players salaries are crippling the game.

Comment

well said dazzer

Comment

HIS

his provokative posting is like the dfe style but hes much brighter than myself
              but if he comes on to this board well develop hikm into a star
              that dot org are hard hard posters to win over
              although i was there poster of the year 2006 -7 i couldnt win them over now they are so full of hate

Comment

You make it all sound a little simplistic though Dazzer.

Regardless of the price of a product,the said product needs to be of a high standard,or at least be on a even keel with its competitors,to gain a market share.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                  Proper cat scratching argument. I kind of agree with some of Conners points, but also think some have taken it the wrong way. Not sure he has put his views across to healthy though.

I think the fact of the matter really is that supporters do have/need to realise that; I'll put it in simple terms for all to understand; if a product doesn't sell then why should the manufacturer pump money into it to try and keep it running. That would be flogging a dead horse surely? However, I will say if the manufacturer kept the prices reasonable then maybe more would purchase the product.

A fact people possibly don't realise is that our clubs expenditure is a lot more than someone like Watford and they average slightly higher attendances than we do (stat taken from: http://soccer-stats.football365.com/...D1/attend.html). Policing and road closures alone cost the club almost £70k a month more than they have to pay. Things have to be paid for and anyone who honestly thinks that our board should be fronting a club losing millions a season isn't really living in the real world. I understand times are hard and sympathise with those who cannot afford to attend games but unfortunately life can be crap at times! At the end of the day, gone are the days when football was a sport. It’s now a business 1st and a sport 2nd. Players salaries are crippling the game.

Simple

Because the manufacturer keeps making f*** up after f*** up and do not listen to their customers.

"New" Coke anyone?

edit - conners...........pound to a penny he's "known". Only comes on to the boards at renewal/@rse covering/backtracking/error strewn times around the end of the season......talks a great deal in "Russellspeak" also known as "Ormondspeak"........

Comment

If we had been a 25,000 seater stadium, I can see the price having to be less. Fact is we only get 14,000 on a good day and these fans who pay now are actually pivotal to maintaining some kind of income into the club. I look around the championship and not many with the kind of crowds we get have players that we have. We are buying into a dream out of loyalty to the club and in the hope we can get promoted.

I'm not defending the club, but many would find it hard to get a season ticket if we got promoted and thats when I think we will find, the club won't increase prices. I still maintain if we got promoted we would get 20,000 plus if we got an extension to the stadium, being in the premiership pays for itself and we will be far happier when/if we get there.

For all the critics of Flavio now (and everyone has reason), if he delivers premiership football, then everyone will gladly sing his name again. We all want the same thing, but get extremely frustrated when it does not happen. Next season, will be the most important season ever and it can go either way.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                      his provokative posting is like the dfe style but hes much brighter than myself
                      but if he comes on to this board well develop hikm into a star
                      that dot org are hard hard posters to win over
                      although i was there poster of the year 2006 -7 i couldnt win them over now they are so full of hate
                      He's nothing like you Dexter.... He actually attends games and is a supporter!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        If we had been a 25,000 seater stadium, I can see the price having to be less. Fact is we only get 14,000 on a good day and these fans who pay now are actually pivotal to maintaining some kind of income into the club. I look around the championship and not many with the kind of crowds we get have players that we have. We are buying into a dream out of loyalty to the club and in the hope we can get promoted.

I'm not defending the club, but many would find it hard to get a season ticket if we got promoted and thats when I think we will find, the club won't increase prices. I still maintain if we got promoted we would get 20,000 plus if we got an extension to the stadium, being in the premiership pays for itself and we will be far happier when/if we get there.

For all the critics of Flavio now (and everyone has reason), if he delivers premiership football, then everyone will gladly sing his name again. We all want the same thing, but get extremely frustrated when it does not happen. Next season, will be the most important season ever and it can go either way.

Who was on a decent (5 figure) salary before they got here? Probably only Vine and Routledge......are we paying just too much in salary and signing on fees for average players?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                          He's nothing like you Dexter.... He actually attends games and is a supporter!
                          what aload of tosh...ignorance must be bliss...so because he doesn't attend he is not a supporter.......behave fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                            what aload of tosh...ignorance must be bliss...so because he doesn't attend he is not a supporter.......behave fella.
                            Sorry Quaz - I didn't realise my disagreement with Dexter involved you... Note to self one must interfere in other peoples business even if it doesn't involve one.

Comment

ACCORDING to certain posters if you dont renew your season ticket this year you are not a fan or supporter, lot of good posters on here but also alot of plums, maybe re name the site "THE TOILET" as it is where a lot of nobs hang out
                              From the Hills of Kerry
                              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                              X