Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I get my coach to QPR here in Torquay

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/ne...l/article.html

Was swamped with seagulls this morning? I was watching Premiership game on sky and had forgotten they were even playing at Wembley!!!!
    Hopefully we will get Torquay in league cup?

Gulls gear up for Wembley
    Sunday, May 17, 2009, 11:14
    HUNDREDS of Torquay United fans gathered at Lymington Road coach station this morning to start their journey on the road to Wembley.

The station was awash with gold and blue, with fans carrying inflatable bananas, wearing brightly coloured wigs and face paint as they clambered aboard the coaches organised by the Plainmoor team's travel club.

Organiser Steve Breed, said: "Fans are really confident we can get a good result today, in my opinion it is one of the biggest games in the club's history. League football is absolutely vital to a team like Torquay United Football Club. Torquay needs a league football team to create good investment in the club, with more revenue and more people through the gate."

He predicted the team will win on penalties, saying Cambridge are a 'big strong side'.

Mike Astill, 66, from Torquay said he is hoping for a win that is all you can do.

"I think this is the biggest game they had for as long as I can remember, they may not get another chance."

He said they were a good team, and had bonded well with a good manager, but he added: "It just depends how they play on the day. There are some good experienced players there, like Carlisle and Hargreaves, and we have a good young goal-keeper.

"I reckon it will be a 2-1 win for us and all I ask is that we don't go to penalties. I have been a fan for years the manager is a nice young guy and a family man and he deserves it."

Fans are in a buoyant mood and the train of coaches are carrying the Bays hopes and dreams of a return to league football.

Jay Standing, 20, from Torquay said: "This game is an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10, when asked why he said the Gulls are going up, we are on the road to league football."

I predict a hopeful 2-0 win."

Ryan Belu, 21, from Torquay said: "I have been up since 7am and I got in a 4am — that is dedication.

"I am hoping for a 2-1 win. It will be brilliant for the area and the club.

Luke Templeton, 19, from Torquay, said: This is my first time going to Wembley and I reckon Torquay will score first and it will be a big team effort and we have great expectations fot the Gulls."
Working...
X