Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR fans at school/college how much stick do you get for being an R's fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say I knew off ONE Chelsea fan in my school there may have been a couple more but I just don't remember them.

Comment

As a kid growing up during the Man Utd rise to dominance and everyone in school supporting them or Liverpool and Arsenal I used to get no end of stick! It get less and less as we plummeted down the leagues because they only look at Premiership results!

Nowadays when I tell people I support QPR the usual repsonse is... who?

Comment

When I go to college with my QPR shirt on I get a lot of whispers around me going QPR?!
        I know one QPR fan at my college we both go to West Herts in Watford and always comes up to me and hugs me haha. My mate is a Watford fan and I get a lot of stick from him. Also this girl supports chelsea on my course because of Frank Lamaprd -shivers- and gives me stick too.

So overall even out of my course I get stick because I support QPR.

Comment

well

when i wnt to school to be a qpr fan was an embarressment because we just never had stadiums that could hold 50 thousand fans
          and in any case never had the fans to fill them
          so i used to say i support qpr but had to hold my head down with shame
          especially the 68-69 year we lost the league with the joint lowest points in the history of football including getting beaten at man utd 8-1
          but i felt great pride when we nearly won the prem in 75,fielding a side full of intenationals

Comment

i get told by a chelsea fan we play in a shed, despite their stand being called a shed.

things are looking better because we finished above watford so up theirs and got 2 cocky sheff wed fans who give it large but didnt even know we were above them.

once a watford fan goes to me "why do you support qpr" i said cos my family do and im not a glory hunter, he goes "yeah but its in london, support a local team", its 30 minute drive away. i replied "are you a season ticket holder at watford who are local?", "no, aree you a season ticket at qpr?" "yeah i am, this is my 10th season" "Oh."
            I win.

Comment

nope went to school at cardinal vaughan in shepherds bush which was full of rangers, so never had that problem
              Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                When I go to college with my QPR shirt on I get a lot of whispers around me going QPR?!
                I know one QPR fan at my college we both go to West Herts in Watford and always comes up to me and hugs me haha. My mate is a Watford fan and I get a lot of stick from him. Also this girl supports chelsea on my course because of Frank Lamaprd -shivers- and gives me stick too.

So overall even out of my course I get stick because I support QPR.
                I go west herts aswell
                We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I used to get alot of stick when i was at school, i was the only QPR fan in my year. It used to get to me but growing up and getting abit wiser i guess makes it water of a ducks back nowadays, infact the lads im mates with these days are really on board with it and like it being part of my makeup. Its who i am.

I love the fact i support QPR....Theres a certain type of passion/ closeness i feel with QPR, it makes me laugh that someone who lives 400miles from Man u can say they "support" them. They havent a clue what supporting a football club is all about.

Love wearing my QPR top out shopping and stuff, and i do seem to get alot of randoms commenting, i actually really like it, gotta represent and all that!....
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

The only stick i really got was when i got mates down to Loftus road and when they realised how bad the atmosphere at the shoebox has got.

Comment

used to get stick, before money

Comment

You'd be surprised how many times asking them to name 20 odd players from their team catches most glory hunters out

Comment

i had stick from a LEEDS fan because our highest attendence was lower than there lowest and qpr would never gt 30,000 at a home game

i did make him look like a pillack by saying if 30,000 were crammed into loftus road there would another hilsborough disaster!!
                          i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

I get a bit of stick from a mate who supports Brentford but that's all good banter really.

No other fans give any to me, because if they did I would just annhilate them!

Comment

Working...
                            X