Flavio: I was wrong over ticket prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavio: I was wrong over ticket prices

Speaking exclusively to the italian magazine "Ciao Inganna" about Formula1, Flavio Briatore was also asked about his involvement with the English football club QPR. "Football has always been a lifelong passion of mine, and the opportunity to make a significant impact in the English Premier league was too good to pass by. I live very close to the club, and when I retire from motor racing, all my energies will be invoved into making QPR a formidable force in world football. We have the backing, and we will make it happen, there is no doubt about that." When asked about world recession and its effect on his businesses, he admitted, "Yes, I have been affected too, but it will not stop me from following my dreams. The fans(QPR) are affected by it too, and we are monitoring very closely the support for the club. We all have to move in the same direction together. When we took over the club, we wanted the fans to take part in the investment as well. If ticket sales for next season are low, then we will act immediately to help them. In hindsight, asking the fans to become investors as well, was a step too fast too soon. We want the club to be a happy club for everyone involved, we want full capacity every time we play. If it means reducing prices even more, then we will do it, we are a positive club."

More.

www.mailonline.com

He needs to do more of that.

Thats why I expect an extension on the deadline and a good manager to be announced after the Monte carlo Grand Prix.

End of the day, its only 18 months into a new venture. The man, will succeed.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Thats the most positive thing I've read to date from the board, an ego maniac like Flav admitting he was wrong and outlining his committment to the club.
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 16-05-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

QPR formidable force...have the backing...will make it happen...reducing the prices even more....ooooooooooh I just wet myself

Come on Flav, retire from F1 now and follow your dream!

Comment

Also sounds like he is gearing up to leave F1

Comment

best to wait and see first I suppose

Comment

he talks about fans being investors but i dont remember getting any share certificates with my ST last season.

soundbites are all very well but we have heard them before, it is actions that are required, I will wait for those before starting to bounce about
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Indeed Peter and the fact they are asking me for nearly £600 when we dont have a manager is just wrong.

I'm holding fire I can stomach the extra £30 but if they appoint a joke appointment then I will get a membership and follow the team away from home.

As I have said before it's about time the fantastic achievements off the pitch are started to be matched by a bit more ambition on it.
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

this is what we need to hearing more of and also seeing it in action

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster17 View Post
                    this is what we need to hearing more of and also seeing it in action
                    Nice to hear but "seeing in action" is the key words.

Comment

Lets all just wait and see before we pronounce him king Flav...

Comment

Yeah, when was there an offer of fans investing in the club? I remember us floating on the stock exchange a decade or two back and fans bought some shares but did Flavio and co offer the fans shares????

Comment

i was thinking the same thing. an investment is defined as;

"the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit"

maybe flav could explain how increasing prices by hundreds of pounds without providing a physical or paper contract in the form of shares for example can be defined as an investment? when should we be expecting our profits to mature and be returned to us?

Comment

why can't he say that to the match day prog, english press or tv??
                            would calm many down, me included....

Comment

The current regime's downfall has always been it's PR.

We get left in the dark over so many things that we feel taken for a ride by them. The sentiments above are just what us fans need to hear - a bit like a dad telling his kids he loves them. But if someone hadn't trawled the net to find it we would be none-the-wiser (thanks for posting, btw).

Here's a novel idea - why not put stuff like that on the actual QPR website??
                              Last edited by Minty; 16-05-2009, 02:34 PM.
                              Be nice to Minty

Comment

Working...
                              X