Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I want that ball, I'm having that ball, deal with it"

We seem a much tougher side.

I know Warnock's teams in the past have been branded as physical and thuggish, but with Rangers I feel he has melded physical toughness with the technical ability that we have in the team.

Without playing dirty, many times with a fifty-fifty ball I noticed our men get ball side of the opposing player and stand their ground firmly. Also, some shoulder barging - not in an illegal way, but simply not standing for any crap.

It's very good to see, and combined with the skill we have in the team, it makes for a feeling of confidence that maybe now, after years of being either too soft, or too physical, or too direct, we have the perfect balance.

We definitely do need re-inforcements. The key is to cut loose Agyemang, Vine and Pellicori, and use some of the freed up wages to bring in 4 or 5 players who can at least help us tread water if we do get injuries or suspensions to key players. Maybe a few more in the mould of Mackie, Orr, Hill and Derry - not expensive and not head-turners, but solid, consistent Championship performers.

Onwards and upwards.

:yush:
    Last edited by Minty; 22-08-2010, 12:03 PM.
    Be nice to Minty

Completely agree - first game I've seen this season and I was impressed that our back four looked hard. Hard into the tackle, fearless into headers - but without being reckless and giving away free kicks. Not something I would have seen myself saying in previous seasons.

Also very impressed with Derry in midfield - ran tirelessly, lots of tackles and passed intelligently - going to be a key player for us.

Comment

Derry is a really good signing and with Rowly back soon there'll be good cover for that kind of role, whoever gets picked.

Comment

Working...
      X