No announcement yet.

THAT was a performance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i disagree about mackie saying he has a nice touch and good distibution his touch is very poor sometimes then other times ok and his distribution is not that good at times but i still would have him in my 1st 11 and i disagree with ephraim he is definitely the weak link in the side he's a bottlejob personally he can do all the flicks and tricks but when the going gets tough he hides clint hill done well considering ephraim didnt really help
    Clint Hill LSA player of the year

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      Kenny - Assured, calm and finding his feet. One scare when he tipped the ball over for a simple claim, but played well.

Hill - Didnt have his hands full. No mistakes and very solid, but yet to be really tested.

Orr - Its great to have a proper RB. Superb today.

Gorkss - Had his best game I've seen for a while.

Connolly - Thank you for proving me right. Not only good in the air, composed, commanding and smart, but you can also play football.

Derry - Does all the simple stuff well. Keeps putting it in for the time he's on the pitch. Great leader and the unsung hero.

Faurlin - This kid just gets better. Superb passer, and he also breaks up the play. One day, I'm sure he'll play at the top.

Taarabt - Well...He's grown as a player. He knows when to release the ball and when to go alone now. Real team player. Unlucky to be booked as I felt a certain pen, but his early dive was what got him the yellow. Great ball in for Heider's well taken goal.

Mackie - I knew he'd be a great buy when we signed him, despite others concerns. Unbelievable work rate, great pace, lovely touch and good distribution. He'll be integral for us this season.

Hogan - Almost surplus to requirements. Fans have never been sure, but Warnock showed faith. The lad has repaid that with some good performances. Tracking back and winning tackles today. Could be a big season for him.

Heider - Superb today. Lead the line well and scored an absolute beauty. Should have scored the header, but the one in the second half was far harder than some would think.

All the subs did well too. Buzz looked sharp, Legs was tidy and German looked strong.

All round, we were great. Took our foot off in the second half, but the job was done.

Brilliant.
      Agree with all that Benny, defo pen imo but some you win and some you get a booking for. Team effort was great, my only concern 4, 3, 2 goals what next only one Lets hope the next 3 games are as a good a performance as the first 3. Getting ribbed my many Ipswich fans who think they will go top after beating us, no chance if we keep this up. Hope we get a forward in only to keep everyone on their toes. Its always difficult when you go in at half time well on top and in the lead, Its easier imo when its the other way round and you are well behind, come out fighting you ain't got anything to lose.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
      X