Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we now accepted the club will not be big spenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we now accepted the club will not be big spenders?

As they intend to be self-sufficiently run. where will the money come from, and will it be enough to get us anywhere soon?

i have always thought it would be the same as last season...all on the cheap...so no surprise here.

Comment

4 year plan to get to the premiership remember, we did improve last season, we were never in any danger of relegation.

Just need to get the right manager now and stick with him.

Comment

a few things:i told all the over excited bridgade "we are the richest club in the world" types,that flavio & co would not throw money at qpr like al fayed at fulham yrs ago.alot of you wouldnt have it.looks like i was proven right,well certainly up to now.

forget all this 4 year to the prem nonsense.if flav&co were that serious they would want instant success and be prepared to pay the wages/transfer fees to get to the prem.up to now they havent done either,albeit you spent a bit.but if you get my drift not enough to mean serious business.

Comment

The thing is Hammer we are not that far away.

Our defence is top notch Gorks Stewart and Cerny all have been fantastic.

What we cant understand is they have spent a fortune on the ground have been incredible with deals like Lotto Gulf Air, but when it comes to a manager or forward they are tighter than a coat of paint (thanks mr bowles)

Flavio wants to do things on a strict budget but you do need to invest on quality if you want the football to match the food at Rangers.
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

I did during last season gone when we were brining in foreign loans.

Comment

I think Hammer is right.

I also said all along that they never really went for it this year, did not really bring in anyone of quality and the team was hit amd miss.

If they wanted to, we could had got promotion this season. But on the other hand I can understand them not wanting to spend and to try and run the clube mre business like, which they are doing, so I will wait until the end of the 4 years if need be.

Comment

I dont thnk we will even spend £1mllion on players this summer.
                Think we will just try and cope with who we have as Vine will be fully fit, Buzz and Rowly will be back as well.

Comment

I have accepted it Steve (see my post asking fans to stop building themselves up for a fall re:Cox)

You never know we might get really lucky. But I doubt it.

Comment

I've come to terms with the fact that, despite our club being taken over by some very wealthy people, we'll not be spending to accumulate this summer.
                    I'm not kidding myself one iota, I'm prepared to be completely underwhelmed by the managerial appointment and so-so signings.

The very sad thing is this.........When I put these words down, I can't help but feel very envious of Foolham who, when Al Fayed took them over, just spent, spent, spent, on the important side of things, players, managers, etc,etc, and obtained instant success without all of this four year plan crap and corporate ******.

Oh,well......Not supposed to be a doddle, being a QPR supporter, is it? :waaaht:

Comment

I feel exactly the same as you Bushranger1982. Anyone that has fallen for this 4 year plan is a mug. 4 years just seemed a long time away and it gives them the flavour. Their 4 year plan is not to be here!

Comment

For what its worth, think they will spend.

I really believe they expected play offs last season.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

"I know from a very good sauce, that its not actually decided yet whether Paulo stays or not, but the next appointment will be a very top name, if they decide to move on. They don't want to keep changing managers and will spend on a big name to take charge."
                          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

cheers for that.

Did see it earlier. Really proves, that I had no personal agenda
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              For what its worth, think they will spend.

I really believe they expected play offs last season.
                              people are waiting to see, before they spend their money......................

Comment

Working...
                              X