Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was it Simon Cox that insideman was hinting at yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davman View Post
    Nope, he's not too much money, £1.5m is EXACTLY what I'd expect the top scorer in League One to go for. £1.5m is, however, more than our owners wish to pay. They are quite happy to pay equivalent compensation to managers they get rid of for daring to have an opinion on football matters and probably have a budget of around £4m ready in compensation packages for the coming season, but its too much to spend on a good, capable, young player.

Going up 'the right way' means spending f-all on the team, millions on the Playboy club in South Africa Road and finishing 10th next season (progress, you see)...

:devil:
    Your acting and talking as if you know the full story... So you was there during the negotations were you... FFS people get real... It's another two bit story in a daily rag! I support QPR fully. Like it or not Flabbio is GREAT for QPR. I don't wanna go wasting money on an unproven striker. After all he could be another Mike Sheron. In all the players the QPR have brought in (on permanent deals) there is only two I don't rate at this level so in my eyes out of 17 odd buys we are doing ****ing great!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
      Look what our "haggling" did with Ben "he's in the bag" Watson.....
      He was signing for QPR unless a Premiership club come in for him. What can't you work out about that... Then again your probably one of these intelligent supporters who thinks we are bigger that Wigan!

Comment

when you say 'rate at this level', do you mean an average mid table championship level or an automatic promotion/playoffs at least level?

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
          when you say 'rate at this level', do you mean an average mid table championship level or an automatic promotion/playoffs at least level?
          I mean a top 6 side in this division!

Our squad is good enough for the playoffs. If we could perhaps add an additional striker, another ball winning midfielder and a decent left back AND have a fully fit squad for most of the season then we'd be a different side! Having Sousa chop and change the team caused shed loads of problems last season and also the chopping and changing of managers never helped either. Add to that the loss of 3 of the most influential squad players we have and there lies the problem.

So what are you telling me that our squad is not as good as Burnleys or Sheffield Utd... Burnley had 23 squad players play this season in 60 games (soon to be 61 games). They even have a 37 year old who runs there midfield and anyone of our centre midfielders are better than him). We've played 33 different players this season alone (Sir Pie some actual stats help required here) and 4 completely different managers (if you count Ainsworth twice) this season too.
          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 14-05-2009, 02:32 PM.

Comment

i agree to an extent but you are defending flavs buys but ultimately he was responsible for the managerial **** ups that happened.

i agree we need a new left back, but isnt that to replace the 2 leftbacks we bought who are now not good enough? well i know one isnt and can only assume the other isnt good enough because i have never seen him play.

we need a striker, even my nan can see that but why then arent we doing all we can to get one? if we dont offer what swindon want for cox, somebody else will and we'll miss out again and will finish mid table again and will have no doubt have had a number of different managers again.

Comment

i hope we get him

Comment

I've been saying it since we were first linked ages ago that Simon Cox
                would be a great signing and 1.5million is about right so please buy QPR ;D
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                  i agree to an extent but you are defending flavs buys but ultimately he was responsible for the managerial **** ups that happened.

i agree we need a new left back, but isnt that to replace the 2 leftbacks we bought who are now not good enough? well i know one isnt and can only assume the other isnt good enough because i have never seen him play.

we need a striker, even my nan can see that but why then arent we doing all we can to get one? if we dont offer what swindon want for cox, somebody else will and we'll miss out again and will finish mid table again and will have no doubt have had a number of different managers again.
                  Hang on a minute. At the end of last season would you have said we needed a new left back? Be fair. Delaney's had a poor season compared to last but no different to Rowlands in my eyes. Borrowdale was a crazy signing but one that was dotted prior to Dowie's exit.

I agree Flabbio has his faults too but he has made more things better. I never for once thought things would change overnight and was under no impression of us going up this season. I did however think we'd be higher up the table than we are but I hold Sousa at fault for that and not Flabbio. His tinkering caused us our problems not Flabbio!

Comment

Working...
                  X