Bristol City fans......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol City fans......

I have quite a few family and friends from Bristol who had the usual ribbing this morning......

I think I went quite easy on them......a few slight white lies though... :boss:

Heres the email......

Once again we put your boys to shame.

A thumping free kick that left Basso picking the ball out of the back of the net but of course
    the best moment of the game "Your not singing anymore" was the roar from the Cider army
    as we smashed home the winner.

So guys thats the fourth time we have met in the Championship so far and the stats read....

QPR won 2
    Bristol City won 0

And of course two draws at Ashton gate.

Goals for QPR 7
    Goals for Bristol City 2

Of course it was great to see Gary Johnson again trying to work out how to deal with our side
    I'm still laughing my head off after his team talk 20 minutes into the game when we were under
    Luigi DeCanio.

Garys after match press conferences are starting to sound a bit like ground hog day after his visits
    to the nations capital ....- "We didn't do ourselves justice," he said. "That wasn't my game we were playing out there.
    "
    Possibly Gary should have prepared his team slightly better or used the loan market in January.

Have to say your support for a team going for the play offs was very low only 1500 at HQ????

Although it was quite funny to see some Bristol City fans waiting around after the game to get Paulo Sousas autograph
    and Flavio posing for pictures with the Red Army....he really is such a man of the people.

I think your chairman left via the tube.

Of course some of you will be quick to point out that you are higher in the table but I would expect that
    for a team that spent so much more money than us in the summer with sensible Rangers doing things on a budget.

Rather than just blowing everything on Nicky Maynard who showed his true class missing from 5 yards when it was easier to score.

I'm sure the result has sent shock waves around Bristol....I bet you all thought you had got a draw but alas no the spoils and 3 points
    are again in W12.....can we play you every week?

Oh and dont forget the Championship goals are shown again tonight on the big League review on Sky Sports One.......It might be worth watching it
    for the Lopez free kick....world class.

Thanks Cider boys.....
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Get the reply up!

Bad support compared to their usual - remember playing them in the week a couple of years back and they brought more than that.

Our record against the Welsh this year is quality :grimace:

Comment

I think you are being very generous with 1500, I would have put it at 1200. Very poor support for a team that before the match had play off aspirations.

However, I was not impressed with their style of hoofball, everything was launched up to their blunt object up front and then they waited to see what cannoned of him, luckily they mised a couple in the first half. Not the sort of football I would want to watch.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Anyone got a link to a bristol city message board? Id love to see what some of them had to say about the game!
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

www.otib.co.uk

They tend to ban people that don't agree with them! Not that I;ve been on there myself but I remember Big Ade and others getting booted from there.

Comment

For some reason, I always like beating Bristol City. All the games are generally good ones and we have quite a good record against them - if we forget the defeat at their place when we were in the First Division.

For all that people said about their fans, they outsung the 'vaunted' Q Block until we went 2-1 up. Good to see so many kids travel away with their fans. Wish we had more who travelled away with us- might make the troublemakers realise what a bad example they are.

I'm not crying my eyes out for them, though. Tee hee.

Comment

Not being funny mate but in the Q Block - until they'd scored we scarcely heard them at all!

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                Not being funny mate but in the Q Block - until they'd scored we scarcely heard them at all!
                I thought the same. I was sat in R block and couldn't hear a thing from them.

Comment

cheers for the link to the bristol city board. In fairness a large amount of them were honest with the fact that we were slighty better, and deserved our win.

I thought we made some good noise saturday. Obv a goal allways helps the noise levels. But even before when we were playing well and had a few half chances there was some decent noise in parts.

Hopefully we can carry on this form against palace, and hopefully they will bring a decent number and we can do them mugs over aswell.
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

FROM A BRISTOL CITY FAN WHO MUST HAVE BEEN ON 1 R 2 MANY COKES

I was at the game and in the first half City were all over QPR and should have been 2-0 up. Both Sproule and Maynard blazed over with pretty much an open goal. Second half QPR were far more up for it but didn't really cause any problems untill the goal which came direct from a free kick.It was a second try because just a few moments earlier they had had a free kick in the same spot which Basso saved. McCombe gave away both free kicks.

But with City chasing the game QPR still didn't work Basso much and the equaliser was well deserved but as happened at Derby City conceded a very similair second goal from down the left wing.

It was only then with time running out that City resorted to the unproductive long ball - particularly McCombe who didn't have his best game in a City shirt.

A draw would have been a fair result imo and in no way were City poor.

Comment

Originally posted by gawa45 View Post
                      FROM A BRISTOL CITY FAN WHO MUST HAVE BEEN ON 1 R 2 MANY COKES

I was at the game and in the first half City were all over QPR and should have been 2-0 up. Both Sproule and Maynard blazed over with pretty much an open goal. Second half QPR were far more up for it but didn't really cause any problems untill the goal which came direct from a free kick.It was a second try because just a few moments earlier they had had a free kick in the same spot which Basso saved. McCombe gave away both free kicks.

But with City chasing the game QPR still didn't work Basso much and the equaliser was well deserved but as happened at Derby City conceded a very similair second goal from down the left wing.

It was only then with time running out that City resorted to the unproductive long ball - particularly McCombe who didn't have his best game in a City shirt.

A draw would have been a fair result imo and in no way were City poor.
                      I nearly went on and posted about this fool - what game was he watching, I then got side tracked by the mug that thought their number 5 didn't do anything wrong - which of course he didn't if kicking a player when he's on the floor is allowed!
                      Then I decided I just couldn't be bothered to exchange views with the cider drinking mugs - they were after-all very kind in their half time support of the tiger cubs so I just left it alone ;)
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

What game was he watching, they lumped the ball from start to finish, and were never apart from a couple of short spells, on top.:waaaht:;D;D;D;D;D
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

They were right about the first half though but thats football I thought we were the better side at home to Norwich but ended up losing the game.

Mccombe seemed to lead with the elbow a couple of times but according to my cousin a dirty player.

Either which way for me beating Bristol City is the best result of the season.
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                            Get the reply up!

Bad support compared to their usual - remember playing them in the week a couple of years back and they brought more than that.

Our record against the Welsh this year is quality :grimace:
                            Bristol isn't in Wales by the way.

Comment

Just happening to be unfortunately banished to bristol...

what a result..

working in a college its great dishing out grief to sh*theads who think they can actually play football

life is good

come on you R'sss

Comment

Working...
                              X