p/off crowds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p/off crowds

empty seats at sheff utd and loads last night at reading!!!

after they announce record figures too!

why didn't reading give 4000 to burnley instead of having a few 100 of theirs sitting there???

reading big club!? lol.....can't sell out a p/off semi! and they would've been scrambling for wembley tkts...
    fickle

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
    empty seats at sheff utd and loads last night at reading!!!

after they announce record figures too!

why didn't reading give 4000 to burnley instead of having a few 100 of theirs sitting there???

reading big club!? lol.....can't sell out a p/off semi! and they would've been scrambling for wembley tkts...
    fickle
    Soon to be relative of mine is die-hard reading. She couldn't believe the lack of take up for tickets and was disgusted. Appara reading is rammed full of a lot of corporate spectators hence the away game ended up going on general sale.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Burnley were allocated 2100 seats which went within hours of them being available and could have sold a lot more.

Comment

gotta say i'm surprised they aren't sold out in the play-offs even Millwall Leeds had loads of empty seats, and not just for segregation. i'm sure we'd be packed out

PS Scott, nice avatar!

Comment

burnley took 6000 to chelsea, and at least 4000 to spuds...

still stuff reading, plastic team,plastic ground, plastic hoops...they used to get 4000 and will do again.
          fickle.
          burnley rarely get over 10,000 for a lge game....grim place.
          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 13-05-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Away end at Millwall holds 4500, Police restricted Leeds to 1000, meaning the whole bottom tier was empty.

Comment

those 1000 were lucky too....leeds would've sold the lot if given em....how many are millwall getting for elland rd??

Comment

Must admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was Ali Russells job description.....
                A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

still stuff reading, plastic team,plastic ground, plastic hoops...they used to get 4000 and will do again.
                  fickle.
                  Burnley average attendance this season is 13082 with their lowest attendance being 10032. So in 23 home matches they managed to get over 10k every game not rarely as you have stated. Their highest attendance of the season against Bristol City was almost 1000 more than our highest attendance.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/p...810413,00.html

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/Attendance...810373,00.html

Comment

fickle.
                    Shows what you know fella... Burnley are the best supported team in the country FACT! - Based on the town/city that supports the ground. The population is only 84,000 people and over 11,000 of them turn out week in week out to support the team! Good luck to them, I hope they beat the piggy scum!

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                      Must admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was Ali Russells job description.....
                      Some acheive greatness, some have it thrust upon them. Then there is the lucky gits who just get everything

Comment

maybe this shows how the financial situation is affecting football

Comment

ok sir pie chucker..what was their average over last few yrs??
                          many have turned up cos of cup runs and chasing the p/off spot...

our average is and has been around the 12000 mark for yrs....

Comment

those 1000 were lucky too....leeds would've sold the lot if given em....how many are millwall getting for elland rd??
                            Millwall getting 1000 as well.

Comment

ok sir pie chucker..what was their average over last few yrs??
                              many have turned up cos of cup runs and chasing the p/off spot...

our average is and has been around the 12000 mark for yrs....
                              Burnley has a population less than 75k, the population of Hammersmith and Fulham is almost 3 times that. Burnley get similar attendances to us week in and week out although they have a much smaller catchment area. Like us they have to compete with many other teams (Preston, Blackburn, Wigan, Bury, plus all of the Rugby League teams including Wigan & St Helens) but still pull in good crowds.

As for their average attendance:
                              08/09: 13082
                              07/08: 12380
                              06/07: 11956
                              05/06: 12561
                              04/05: 12639
                              03/04: 12541
                              02/03: 13976

So in the last 7 years they dipped up 12,000 once and that was by 44 people.

Comment

Working...
                              X