One name not mentioned to often....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One name not mentioned to often....

Aidy Boothroyd was on Sky last night everyone talks very highly of him as a coach could he fit into our set up?

If a coach is what we are looking for rather than a manager
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

He got Watford up playing hoofball.

Not sure if our squad is set up for that style of play,

Comment

Similar to Dowie at Palace then really.

Boothroyd relied on King and Dowie AJ.

I dont think the Championship is a pretty division to be honest you have to smash your way out of the division.

Comment

So what style of football do you expect us to play then if we were sign Dele Adebola... What is he some kind of skilful football genius then?

Comment

I think you need to be able to mix it up to be honest.

Burnley are a fine example they have some really talented players but can mix it up when required.

I dont think I'd like us to be like Stoke though although fair play to Pulis for keeping them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

I dont think the Championship is a pretty division to be honest you have to smash your way out of the division.
            You've changed your tune didn't you justify the sacking of Sousa by saying the football was terrible and that you wanted to be 'entertained' on a saturday afternoon?
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

The football and results in my opinion were poor under Sousa.

Comment

Burnley and Preston are great examples of what you need if you are not going to go mad in transfer market. That is shrewd buys, a manager with a good tactical brain and mental toughness. It is the latter those two teams have and which depressingly I have never seen us exhibit much of.

A strictly pretty side will struggle in this division. As someone else said you have to be able to mix it.

As for Aidy not sure. One of those appointments who could go either way.

Comment

WBA did alright playing attractive football in this division, its a complete misnoma (excuse the spelling) to think you have to play hoofball to get promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

I agree it's more often than not the case, but not always. Reading recently played good football and destroyed the competition on route to a record points tally.

Comment

If Bothroyd is a highly rated coach, doesn't it mean he is capable of coaching his players to play diffferent styles of football? Blackwell was Warnock's assistant, but his teams don't always play hoofball.

In fact, last season, Bothroyd was trying to get Watford to play more of a passing game. It wasn't his fault that his best players had been sold or loaned out.

Comment

deffo dont want aidie, think i would prefer wise

cant give a really valid reason why, there is just something about him that gives me the creeps

wait for wba to scak mowbray and then swoop
                        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                          deffo dont want aidie, think i would prefer wise

cant give a really valid reason why, there is just something about him that gives me the creeps

wait for wba to scak mowbray and then swoop
                          Don't think West Brom would sack him. After all how can they blame him when they refused to invest in the team for such things as one extra year to give Philips a 2 yr deal, etc. They were ridiculously shortsighted and if they go down by a point, how stupid would that decision then be when he would have definitley scored some goals in the league and nicked the odd win from a draw or save a point as opposed to defeat. Look how many winners he's got for Brum.

Comment

Working...
                          X