Medicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicals

Now there seems to be some confusion as to what the purpose in players completing a medical.

It is not to see if the player is fit enough to play 1 or 2 games. It is to see if the player will be fit enough to forefill his contract length.

For example, Ledley King can play a game and train for a month but if he was to keep up this routine for a few months or years his knee (or whatever his injury problem is) may give up on him.

Obviously this is not and exact thing as what could look bad on a scan may turn out to be bearable for the player. It is very much a best guess by the medical staff as to how much/long the players 'injury' will effect them.

In the case of Helguson, he may well go on to play for years with no further injuries. But at the time of his medical the staff examining him didnt think he would be able to complete his 3 year contract without further repercussions of the injuries he has had.

Obviously any player could pass a medical and the get injured the next day but if players have had past injury problems, these areas will be thouroghly examined.

And a note to Mr Qblock himself, I know you keep saying that Helguson did not fail a medical but can i ask were you actually present? The club or your contacts within the club are not going to be shouting the fact from the rooftops are they? They will obviously deny it if they have half a brain.

Also what has happened to Helguson since he has signed? Yes, you guessed it, further injuries. I dont know what injuries he has had since he joined but could it be the same injury that has disrupted his past few years???

I will let you decide.......

Fair comments.

We do know that Lopez did at Birmingham, yet we seem prepared to take the risk?

Not being confrontational, but it seems if we rate a player it does not matter.

is this right?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

as i said my friend, its a matter of opinion really. Some doctors, nurses etc may have different views on injuries or they may not have spotted them. This is why its wise to get a few opinions when visiting hospitals etc, some injuries are not as cut and dry as one might think. For the record, i rate helguson, he may not be as clinical as some might like but atleast he makes chances. Also i understand lopez was on a short pay as you play deal? Please correct me if im wrong. Im sure iv seen on here that he is not getting a new contract, is this true? Maybe thats down to the injury issue?

Comment

Working...
      X