• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipswich release 7

tommy miller
    campo
    dean bowditch
    and others...more could follow as keane clears house...

many clubs will be doing likewise and probably some good players released cos of wages or contract issues....

Derby are releasing 14
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i guess we'll release 6 or so...??

Comment

Im glad cloughie isn't our manager. He has just brought in a player from Burton albion. That is not a good idea
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

disagree

disagree the top managers can buy from the conferance,youve probabley never heard of les ferdinand but he cost ten thousand pounds from hayes
          apparently theres another top striker at stevenage that all the scouts are looking at

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
            disagree the top managers can buy from the conferance,youve probabley never heard of les ferdinand but he cost ten thousand pounds from hayes
            apparently theres another top striker at stevenage that all the scouts are looking at
            probably morison.
            been about for a few years, 20 goals or more he averages i think but no teams have ever come in for him as hes too much of a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
              times change. when was the last time somebody was picked up from non league and ended up playing top level? the two i can think of were les and ian wright, but that was over two decades ago.

if anybody can think of players within the last 10 years even, where this has happened, i stand corrected.

get with the times dex.

Comment

To be fair Beckford, Mclean, Knightly have all come from non leagu so you can pick up some good players. but you are right can't think of any that have gone on to the prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster17 View Post
                  To be fair Beckford, Mclean, Knightly have all come from non leagu so you can pick up some good players. but you are right can't think of any that have gone on to the prem.
                  i agree but two of those havent proved themselves at a level higher than League 1. Kightly is a very good player though. he was on spurs books as a kid and played for southend before going non league so wasnt really the same as les or wright who started in non league and went on to play for england.

Comment

Think we will release 4 or 5.

No big names, unless fees involved.

Myu's mate Zesh Rehman is definitely one
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

No mugs willing to take Hall and Helguson yet?
                      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                        times change. when was the last time somebody was picked up from non league and ended up playing top level? the two i can think of were les and ian wright, but that was over two decades ago.

if anybody can think of players within the last 10 years even, where this has happened, i stand corrected.

get with the times dex.

michael kightley ex grays athletic 'will' get in an england squad next season!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

We don't really want other failed players from the CCC do we?
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                            We don't really want other failed players from the CCC do we?
                            Exactly.

Why would we want other managers rejects? If Keane doesn't think these players are good enough for Ipswich why would they be good enough for us?

Aim higher people!

Comment

We'll be releasing:

- Rainman (will stay with Bradford)
                              - Cole (will stay with Barnet)
                              - Crowther (who has already gone)
                              - Borrowdale (possibly because Brighton are keen to keep him)
                              - Oastler (released)
                              - Arthur (released)
                              - Bulmer (released)

As well as losing:
                              Adam Miller and Sami De Carmine

Comment

Working...
                              X