The Question Of Lopez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I actually like Lopez, but he did fail a medical at Birmingham, that may have been the case at Blackburn who knows??

The point, I am trying to make is this.

Lopez will not be questioned, because he is rated by fellow rangers fans
    Helguson will get questioned, because it is deemed he has not done enough in front of goal.

In the latter case, a medical (which he never failed) will kept being used as an excuse, but because Lopez has played quality in the few games he has played, no-one says a word.

On a slightly different subject, we all want to sign Tarrabdt, yet by the same token " a manager should pick his own players", so which is it?
    Even if the rumours about Lopez failing a medical at Blackburn, Birmingham, wherever was true. It's still a non argument. Because he wasn't rumoured to fail a medical with us like Helguson has reported to have. Once again your arguments have no substance, foundation and make no sense. Unbelievable.

Comment

It was a week before.

To be honest, neither failed with us. I rate Lopez highly

Yet again, you fail to see the point I am making.

Lopez is not questioned, because he is seen as a bit of class, the same way its okay to sign Tarrabdt without a manager, but the thought of someone like Adebola (due to our perception) should not be signed, as it will be the new "managers" choice. We jump on the Helguson rumour, because he hasn't scored too many, if he had scored 10 goals for example, no-one would be syaing a word.

Hope, I am putting the case across?/ I'm not doing it very well
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete you're changing the goal posts 2 thirds of the way through the discussion. You started off talking about lopez and Helguson and failed medicals, now you're talking about whether or not it's right to sign Tarrabt or Lopez before the manager comes in. 1st point isn't a good argument for the reason I mentioned previously. 2nd point is a valid point, but got lost by me amongst everything else, that was said.

Personally, I like Tarrabt and Lopez and would like to see them in the squad... But I don't think we should sign anyone until the new manager comes in.

Oh yeah re Helguson if he was playing out of his skin and scoring goals no one would need to say anything, but he isn't so it's only human nature to question why a club that was so desperate to make the playoffs would sign someone like HH to solve the obvious striking problem we had.

Actually, I have changed my mind slightly. If the club are going down the route of signing a coach and not a manager with GP unfortunately having control of who we sign then I say sign Tarrabt and not Adebola for obvious reasons. If we are signing a manager who has a say in player signings then sign no one until he arrives.
        Last edited by superckat; 12-05-2009, 11:55 PM.

Comment

It's called learning from one's mistakes.

Don't let GP choose the players we sign - end of. It's time to change the system and give control to the correct choice of the next manager. Not going to happen though is it...
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

GP done his best to bring in players to take rangers further....but he has failed again. Time to back the new manager and let him pick his own. Called learning from mistakes.

Comment

It was a week before.

To be honest, neither failed with us. I rate Lopez highly

Yet again, you fail to see the point I am making.

Lopez is not questioned, because he is seen as a bit of class, the same way its okay to sign Tarrabdt without a manager, but the thought of someone like Adebola (due to our perception) should not be signed, as it will be the new "managers" choice. We jump on the Helguson rumour, because he hasn't scored too many, if he had scored 10 goals for example, no-one would be syaing a word.

Hope, I am putting the case across?/ I'm not doing it very well

Sorry Pete, are you saying that Lopez's medical with Brum was a week before he signed for us? If so I am afraid you are very much mistaken....

Like most fans I do not have contacts at the club. I base my opinions of what is happening on the pitch on what I see at the games I attend (Have been watching Rangers for over 40 years) As for off pitch matters I have to rely on what is on the Offy (not always to be trusted!) and what I read in the papers and online (never trust Wikipedia unless it is cited and even than take with a pinch of salt).

So, 23rd December 2008, Birmingham Mail :

THE transfer of Jordi Lopez to Blues has been put on hold as Alex McLeish assesses other options.

And a concern about the midfielder's medical has also meant that the Blues boss has decided not to rush in.

Lopez impressed Blues during a trial, when he played in a reserves friendly against Sheffield United and looked a cut above.

A free agent after leaving Real Mallorca, the Spaniard agreed a deal to the end of the season with a view to a three-year contract in May.

He watched Blues defeat by Reading from the old directors' box in the Main Stand at St Andrew's, but the club have not yet proceeded with all the formalities.

That suggests that there were issues about his fitness, not that he had actually failed a medical. Also suggests that we were right to give him a short term contract to see how he got on rather than our usual MO of giving long term contracts to all and sundry.

November 20th 2008, Times Online :

Sousa is unlikely to be the only new arrival at Loftus Road this week, with the club set to announce the signing of Heidar Helguson on loan from Bolton Wanderers until January. The Iceland forward, who scored the only goal in a friendly international against Malta last night, failed a medical in West London last week, but the deal was resurrected after QPR agreed to pay half his £16,000-a-week wages and Bolton agreed to take him back if he was injured during his loan spell.

Clearly states that HH failed a medical. The only person refuting this is you, sorry but do you have evidence that HH never failed a medical at that time? Have you seen the results of his medicals? Or are we supposed to believe the word of some shadowy figure at the club (who it is probably not in the best interest to say anything negative)

Do think though that we should have a manager in place before buying any more players, don't want any more Borrowdales do we?
              A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Lopez may be waiting to see where PS lands a job?

Comment

Sheer bloody madness not to sign Lopez, Buzacky apart best midfielder in a rangers shirt all season

Comment

ha163

I'd rather listen to what helgusson himself said to an Icelandic journalist before he signed, plus Daily Mirror and other papers at the time with the coverage in regards to helguson.

As for Lopez, it was a little before, but he still failed it.

Any chance, we can move on?
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

ha163

I'd rather listen to what helgusson himself said to an Icelandic journalist before he signed, plus Daily Mirror and other papers at the time with the coverage in regards to helguson.

It doesn't say that Lopez did fail one. Can you find me an article where it says it does?

Comment

ha163

What rather than read what was said in the Times at the time? As for the interview with the Icelandic journo shows that he was desperate to get a new club, hence the reason to not be tied in until the end of Jan, is hardly likely to say he failed there is he?

Show me the evidence that HH never failed a medical and I will gladly move on. It's not as if we have anything better to do until a new manager is named is it?
                        Last edited by haqpr1963; 13-05-2009, 03:26 PM.
                        A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                        X