No announcement yet.

The Question Of Lopez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only surprise with this thread is that so many of you didn't see the "he failed a medical" coming. It was so bl.oody obvious.

Comment

Is there any prospect of the board having a change of heart on him?

Comment

I dont think he's anything that special. With a fit again Rowlands he isnt needed anyway, i say get rid, 1 decent free kick doesnt mean he should get a year contract imo.
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

One more decent free kick than Mahon managed last season...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            ha163

to be fair, it was in the Birmingham Post and he failed when trialed at Portsmouth under redknapp (pretty sure at Portsmouth)
            To be fair it was in the Times (and other papers) that HH failed a medical. Nowhere have I seen that Lopez failed a medical at Portsmouth or Blackburn.

Why are you bringing up Lopez's medical at Brum at this time?
            Last edited by haqpr1963; 12-05-2009, 05:26 AM.
            A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              One more decent free kick than Mahon managed last season...
              Mahon doesnt take free kicks.....

Lopez must have had taken about 40 set pieces in his games for us. 1 was good.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I actually like Lopez, but he did fail a medical at Birmingham, that may have been the case at Blackburn who knows??

The point, I am trying to make is this.

Lopez will not be questioned, because he is rated by fellow rangers fans
                Helguson will get questioned, because it is deemed he has not done enough in front of goal.

In the latter case, a medical (which he never failed) will kept being used as an excuse, but because Lopez has played quality in the few games he has played, no-one says a word.

On a slightly different subject, we all want to sign Tarrabdt, yet by the same token " a manager should pick his own players", so which is it?
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

HH has done plenty in front of goal, mainly miss sitters.

What evidence do you have that Lopez failed a medical at Brum? Where is the evidence that HH did not fail at least one medical for us?
                  A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

I actually like Lopez, but he did fail a medical at Birmingham, that may have been the case at Blackburn who knows??

The point, I am trying to make is this.

Lopez will not be questioned, because he is rated by fellow rangers fans
                    Helguson will get questioned, because it is deemed he has not done enough in front of goal.

In the latter case, a medical (which he never failed) will kept being used as an excuse, but because Lopez has played quality in the few games he has played, no-one says a word.

On a slightly different subject, we all want to sign Tarrabdt, yet by the same token " a manager should pick his own players", so which is it?
                    Other than articles in newspapers do we have any proof that either Helguson or Lopez failed medicals? We have the words of a journalist who may or may not be telling the whole truth or may not actually know the truth but do we have any quotes or articles on official websites?

Comment

On January 2009, López was expected to sign during the transfer window with Birmingham City of the English second level, but failed his medical. In the following month, he joined fellow league side Queens Park Rangers for the final 15 games of the season

Why is it, we want Lopez? I keep hearing how good we think he is, based on one free kick at home to Bristol City
                      What games were you watching Pete? Every game he's played in we've looked a better team than without him. He's heaps better than Mahon in all departments and can pass heaps better than Leigertwood, and tackle just a good as him too. For a player who sits in front of the back four he's been just as creative from their as Cookie has been out wide!

In fact I could ask you a similar question on Leigertwood. How you rate high so highly is beyond me as in my eyes he's an average Championship midfielder at best. His passing is woeful for the majority of games, yeah you'd favour him in a 50-50 tackle but thats about all.

For me I even have him in the side over Rowlands. My team next season would be as follows:

Cerny

Connolly Gorkks Stewart Ramage(or a possible stronger RB)

Lopez in front of the back four

Routledge Buzz Cookie

Vine

New striker (or HH/Agyemang at worst!)

Yeah thats a 4-1-3-1-1

Does that answer your question....
                      Last edited by Dazzer1977; 12-05-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Lopez is a quality midfielder that i would have in my team over Legs or Rowlands any day of the week. Give him the money he wants. Would be a great addition the the first team and if Hall gets 15k a week then whatever he wants he's worth it.

Comment

I've already said I rate lopez !!

But if you asked me, my central midfield pairing it would be

leighterwood and Rowlands
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I must admit you do say some things which make me question your judgement as a knowledgable man about football. This once again is one of them and is right up there with your 'didn't the Premier League start in 1988' comment.

Comment

Can I have some of those heavy drugs your on fella...

No Buzz then Pete? Where does Vine play?
                              Last edited by Dazzer1977; 12-05-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                I thought he was pants against Norwich in the terrible rain. Can only judge him on that as after that game I refused to go back as to be fair all 11 were pants
                                I thought he was the best QPR player on the pitch that night. Apart from a few poor corners, his distribution of the ball was good as was his tackling (although perhaps he did foul the player for the penalty that was withdrawn).

My overall impression of him, is that he is an intelligent player who can defend well, and has a good range of passing. His free kick deliveries were quite good - he scored one and set up Leigertwood's goal too.

He could do a very good job, if he signs and stays fit, alongside Leigertwood or Rowlands when he returns to the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X