Jewell V Curbs..Pros And cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewell V Curbs..Pros And cons

Jewell did get up Wigan and Derby, but premiership didn't stand a chance and wasted loads of money.

Curbs stayed with Charlton for years, but never done that well at West ham.
    His teams always faded after a good start
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

He didnt get Derby up...

Comment

Summed it up well drummer boy although I would add that Jewell also had some kind of breakdown and Charlton were in freefall when Curbishley left. Not inspired by either. There must be someone remotely exciting out there desperate enough to give us a try?

Comment

Jewell is a disciplinarian, no bs with him and would sort then men from the boys. Is he tactically better than say Dowie, not sure.

Curbishley did very well at Charlton. But at West Ham like Jewell at Derby made some poor signings and didn't seem to do to well although he left West Ham 4th in the PL

Comment

Jewell got Bradford up, not Derby.

Comment

stand corrected
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

perfer Curbs but could do alot worse than Jewels

Comment

Curbishley would be better than Jewell.

Charlton weren't in free fall when he left and he took West Ham to 9th in the Premier League. Hardly failure.

Jewell did well at Bradford and Wigan but, in both cases, aided and abetted by chairmen wielding large transfer fees and wages. Not so good at Sheff Weds or Derby.

Comment

Hold on a min... Isn't West Hams team still full of Curbs signings. He had a rediculous amount of injuries too to contend with and didn't he also sign Tevez and Mascherano?

Comment

I really do wonder sometimes about our fans, how anyone couldn't get excited if we get Curbishley in, is beyond me. He kept a small London club in the Prem, tripling at least, their fan base and then kept Hammers up when they seemed doomed(winning at Highbury and Old Trafford) and left them 4th in the Premiership, exactly how much better could it get for Rangers ? Who exactly do you think we are going to get better than that ?

Comment

Kit well said. Spot on and I copy and paste every single word. At last a man talking sense!!!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Jewell is crap IMO did well with Wigan and Bradford but at Derby spent a shed load of cash and bough crap then moaned that it wasn't his fault they kept losing it was because the players weren't good enough, most of which he had bought!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          I really do wonder sometimes about our fans, how anyone couldn't get excited if we get Curbishley in, is beyond me. He kept a small London club in the Prem, tripling at least, their fan base and then kept Hammers up when they seemed doomed(winning at Highbury and Old Trafford) and left them 4th in the Premiership, exactly how much better could it get for Rangers ? Who exactly do you think we are going to get better than that ?

At least someone talks a bit of sense !

Comment

As I said in another thread, he ticks the most boxes on our 'wants list'.

If he wants it, let's go!
                            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Curbs definitely more than Jewell

Comment

Working...
                              X