Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we trying to sign Croft from Norwich on a freebie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    That's harsh. He isn't a cripple
    Haven't said he was but I know from hard personal experience how much either of those injuries can slash your performance.

I can't think of any one player who have 12/13 month long injuries have come back anywhere near the same player. Even Shearer had to radically alter the way he played to get him through.

Sad, but factual.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Haven't said he was but I know from hard personal experience how much either of those injuries can slash your performance.

I can't think of any one player who have 12/13 month long injuries have come back anywhere near the same player. Even Shearer had to radically alter the way he played to get him through.

Sad, but factual.
      Cook was out for 7 months, not 12/13. He signed on loan for Charlton in January 08 dont forget, he only missed half that season.

Dan Shittu was out for the same period with the same injury,and went on to play in the PL.

That IS factual.

Comment

Croft is a Right sided player so, wouldn't be a direct replacement for Cook. From what I have seen of Croft, he certainly hasn't missed too many 'square meals'.

Doesn't score a massive amount of goals, don't think he has had a great season and to be honest is a player I can see making a few transfers over the next few years before falling into obscurity (See Luke Chadwick for a prime example)

He may well be on a 'Free' but we have a fair few options for the right hand side: Routledge,Hogan,Rowlands (if needs be), Balanta and even Vine could play out there if we were short.

Free or not, Croft is not someone we should be looking at.

Comment

Becuase he is useless

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
            Cook was out for 7 months, not 12/13. He signed on loan for Charlton in January 08 dont forget, he only missed half that season.

Dan Shittu was out for the same period with the same injury,and went on to play in the PL.

That IS factual.
            Different injury entirely

How many games played for Charlton?

Comment

Different injury entirely

How many games played for Charlton?
              Both cruciate knee ligament injuries.

9 games.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                Both cruciate knee ligament injuries.

9 games.
                Shittu's were, I believe, anterior lateral damage. Cook's weren't as far as I know. Incidentally, worth noting the loss of pace and jump Shittu had after the injury.

The overall point I was trying to make is that whilst I wouldn't consider Croft good enough, on performances this season, I've no reason to believe in the blind faith that Cook will get any better. Aside from two, at a very hard push, three, performances last season, Cook's performances were to be charitable, below par. We can, and must, do better without the sentiment of "oh he's a great guy, QPR fan and donated a signing on fee to the club", clouding everyone's vision.
                Last edited by Nodge70; 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Shittu's were, I believe, anterior lateral damage. Cook's weren't as far as I know. Incidentally, worth noting the loss of pace and jump Shittu had after the injury.
                  I didnt notice any loss of pace or jump with Shittu, he got better and better after his injury and consequently got his move to the PL, where he is still.

Anyway, the point i was making is that Cook wasnt out for 12/13 months as you said.

Also, anterior lateral damage is a 3-4month job, cruciate is the one that keeps you out for 6-9 months, like Cook, Shittu Buzsaky and Rowlands.

Comment

not croft but norwich did release mark fotheringham their captain could do a good job
                    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

I think the only Norwich players worth looking at are Clingan and Bertrand, although he's actually Chelsea's. Bertrand to compete with Delaney and Clingan to compete in midfield.

Comment

dont forget bailey from charlton another championship standard minimum player whos club got relegated

after both clingan and bailey last season imagine the team if we got everyone who we were after
                        i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                          dont forget bailey from charlton another championship standard minimum player whos club got relegated

after both clingan and bailey last season imagine the team if we got everyone who we were after
                          Agreed. I like Lallana too but he would be expensive whereas either Clingan or Bailey wouldn't. Even if Buzsaky returns to full fitness and form he needs competition and we need goal scoring midfielders. With Lopez and Miller seemingly gone I think either would be a great addition to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                            Agreed. I like Lallana too but he would be expensive whereas either Clingan or Bailey wouldn't. Even if Buzsaky returns to full fitness and form he needs competition and we need goal scoring midfielders. With Lopez and Miller seemingly gone I think either would be a great addition to the squad.
                            when do we know hows released or not

Comment

If you'd have said Lee Croft is fatter than Lee Cook you'd have been right but a better footballer, no!

Comment

Croft is easily Norwich's best player. If you don't think he is any good for this division, you are nuts!!
                                Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                                63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                                0117 239 1217
                                http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X