Sorry, But It Was All Lost In Those 9 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, But It Was All Lost In Those 9 Games

I've had a bit of stick over criticising Sousa's tactics, but I think the last 2 games have proved our team is good enough. Both gunning for promotion in Bristol City and Swansea, we've got 6 points. I maintain that when we played teams like Norwich, Barnsley, Doncaster, Nottm Forest and Southampton we should have come away with more than 3 points.

Thats where I think the lack of experience came into play. I keep hearing the squad is not good enough, but our record against teams above us speak for themselves.

Now, you have to understand when you see a slide over 9 games, you can have an opinion. The fact Sousa has revived fortunes, should mean we get behind him, he was under alot of pressure and has come good. In the next 6 games, it would be good to win 3-4, so that we go into next season with a little more confidence and get behind Sousa for next season. Yes, I am still to be convinced, but the last 2 games have been a step in the right direction.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Pete I agree that there was perhaps a lack of experience from sousa ans a more established manager may have squeezed more points out over that period but NEWSFLASH Sousa is an inexperienced manager, its not like he lied on his CV the club knew he had no experience when they selected him so must surely have expected a learning curve wich will inevitably lead to a few errors, no doubt there will be more to come.

Pleased you are going to get behind him, hope the people at the club are all 100% behund him as well because he is a winner and i expect him to do very well for us
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Sousa played the same tactics (4-5-1) in the last two games. Plus the arrival of Taarbt has made a big difference.

So how has improving the team proved that the team was good enough previous to the improvement? Makes not a shred of sense Peter.

Comment

pete 100% good post fact

Comment

Wrong Pete - we've played better the last 2 games but we've also come up against 2 teams who haven't played very well, it's not like we played them off the park. The table doesn't lie - we're mid table for a reason and it's not Sousa.
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            I've had a bit of stick over criticising Sousa's tactics, but I think the last 2 games have proved our team is good enough. Both gunning for promotion in Bristol City and Swansea, we've got 6 points. I maintain that when we played teams like Norwich, Barnsley, Doncaster, Nottm Forest and Southampton we should have come away with more than 3 points.

Thats where I think the lack of experience came into play. I keep hearing the squad is not good enough, but our record against teams above us speak for themselves.

Now, you have to understand when you see a slide over 9 games, you can have an opinion. The fact Sousa has revived fortunes, should mean we get behind him, he was under alot of pressure and has come good. In the next 6 games, it would be good to win 3-4, so that we go into next season with a little more confidence and get behind Sousa for next season. Yes, I am still to be convinced, but the last 2 games have been a step in the right direction.
            Here's a view...

You may think this squad is good enough and I've been pretty clear that I don't as they have failed to show consistency over six or seven managers, who can't all be the problem. However, what I am fairly sure we could agree is that the current squad is nowhere near good enough to survive in the Premier League even with four - five class new players.

So, maybe, just maybe, Flabio's view of a four year plan is just about right.

We still need those signings we've needed all year - two full backs and two strikers. NOTHING has changed on that score since last June. OK, so Ramage and Delaney may performed well over the last two games, but they are not the answer as they are still converted Centre Backs and not the natural full backs that I'd like to see giving support further up the pitch; ideal in a back three, but not suited to a back four.

Winning is a habit and so is losing. Going up in a season where you won far more than you've lost sets a good precedent which will lead to early points. Conversely, if we went up too early (this season for example) we would most likely do a Derby and be financially up the creek without a boat let alone a paddle by the time we got relegated this time next year.

No, I actually find myself thinking not going up this season is far from the end of the world. A day out at Wembley would have been great, but maybe we should leave that for the Cup Final next season, eh?

So, was Flabio's four year plan right all along? Well, maybe if he sticks with Sousa. If not, then he never believed in the four year plan either...

Comment

Good post Pete. Agree with much there but, I think we have to consider Sousa's inexperience at this level, in this country. I think he'll probably have learned far more from those 9 games than he would of otherwise. If he's still here next season, will probably stand him good stead. You can also argue that a Sousa type manager (Portuguese and inexperienced) wasn't what we needed at that point in the season. Flavio?

Comment

if you belive this squad is not good i sugest you look back on your last10 years
                wee spend 250 in the summer for new players

cerny free
                ramege free
                gorkss 250
                sdc loan
                alberti loan
                ladesma loan
                and stil all season top half
                look what the team under us have spend and maybee after all wee not so bad

Comment

As well as Taarabt, Lopez is now looking very tasty and making a differance.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Taking a look at the table again, it could get interesting.

Okay, we have to beat Palace and Burnley need to lose the next game away, but its conceivable that the league in 2 games time shows.

Burnley 65 points
                    QPR 62 Points.
                    That makes it a little tantalising
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                    X