No announcement yet.

QPR focus their attention on tried and tested Curbishley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hope not.... would not inspire the team to promotion he is useless.

As for the dropping down a div lark.... funny that, there was me thinking he was on the unemployed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Bloody hope not.... would not inspire the team to promotion he is useless.

As for the dropping down a div lark.... funny that, there was me thinking he was on the unemployed!!
      i cant understand replies like this one,he would be a terrific appointment,who would you prefer Ainsworth,Wise,Ince perhaps:very_sad:

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        i cant understand replies like this one,he would be a terrific appointment,who would you prefer Ainsworth,Wise,Ince perhaps:very_sad:
        I just want a decent manager, and for the record, i would actually much prefer Wise to Curbs. Not someone who believes their own hype. His teams are notorious for starting well, gettign to 40 points then doing naff all for the rest of the season.

Comment

we have a reputation now, think we will have as much chance of landing a "proper" manager as Drogba has of getting a penalty in a champs league semi
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            I just want a decent manager, and for the record, i would actually much prefer Wise to Curbs. Not someone who believes their own hype. His teams are notorious for starting well, gettign to 40 points then doing naff all for the rest of the season.
            WISE:amazing:,i just cant argue with someone who thinks that thug is a better manager than Curbs,who was being touted as England's manager a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
              WISE:amazing:,i just cant argue with someone who thinks that thug is a better manager than Curbs,who was being touted as England's manager a few years ago.
              Just becasue Curbs was touted as a possible England manager doesn't mean he's good.... He happened to be English, that's pretty much it. Would you therefore say Steve Maclaren is a great manager.... no of course not.

don't get me wrong, Curbishley is a competent manager, he's just not what we need. He achieved relative success with Charlton by getting them in the prem and establishing them, but it certainly wasn't pretty and when they got to points safety they effectively went on holiday and did ****** all thereafter... what does that say about his motivational skills? There though he had time, understanding of the board and was almost untouchable for what he'd done, therefore, minimal pressure... totally unlike what it would be here with Flav expecting instant results.

West ham he kep up more by luck than judgement (goal given at Blackburn that never crossed the line) and the Tevez factor.... Oh i think like Pardew he chose not to play the current Argentina captain, Mascherano, in his team...??? It all went downhill the next season as reality of a Curbs team hit home and they were awful..

As for your can't argue comment.... well you dismiss wise straight off, yet he has been a massive success wherever he's been and in short spaces of time. Millwall playoffs and cup final, where are they now.... Swindon were flying a the top of their division before Leeds snapped him up, then at Leeds again they were flying and until he went looked like they could win the league regardless of starting minus 15 points... he then went to Newcastle to gather dust.

To dismiss him just becasue of who he is, when many suggest we should get a yuoung manager, is nothing if not short sighted. Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't be my first choice either, but i wouldn't discount him.

Comment

To call Curbishley useless is a typical fickle football fan reaction, he clearly isn't useless having taken Charlton up 3 divisions and keeping them in the Prem and then taking WHU from bottom of the table when he joined, leaving them in 4th place in the Prem.................hardly useless.
                For QPR to be even mentioned with Curbishley in the same sentence, is something we couldn't have dreamed about 3 years ago.
                I'm not saying he is the right choice but FFS he is a lot better than what we have had in the last 5 years and beyond, had Wright got him back in 96 instead of Houston, well who knows where we would be now.

Comment

Working...
                X