QPR focus their attention on tried and tested Curbishley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR focus their attention on tried and tested Curbishley

QPR ARE hoping to persuade Alan Curbishley his future lies at Loftus Road.
    Rangers have turned their attentions to the former West Ham manager in a bid to persuade him to drop down a division and reignite their drive towards the Premiership next season.

More...

He's turned it down already, allegedly, citing that he thinks he can get a Prem club.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Alan Mullery it is then......................................
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I would be over the moon if he was our next manager

Comment

Originally posted by Power40 View Post
          I would be over the moon if he was our next manager

Agree mate, I wouldnt have an issue with him whatsoever.

The only thing is that we arent looking for a manager me thinks, we'er looking for a head coach:confused::cry::tired:
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

even though i think he is the best candidate for the job, I highly doubt there is any substance to this story given the reason behind his parting with west ham
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

well

well one thing we must accept is that many managers will not join us when i spoke to martin allen at mike keens testimomial.
              i asked him would he come to rangers and he wouldnt even comment so unfortunatly it may have to be gareth

Comment

Sorry but very uninspiring. In my view lost his edge in last year at Charlton and did nothing at West Ham.

Comment

Curbs don't excite me tbh think he was in his comfort zone at Charlton and showed at West Ham he didn't have a clue by signing the likes of Lee Bowyer and Kiren Dyer, boring manager.

Comment

Dexter are you feeling alright? Martin bloody Allen. Go and take your medication! You love a man motivator with zero tactical knowledge!
                    Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 07-05-2009, 05:19 PM.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Article cobbled together from postings on here and dotorg. Shoddy journalism. No quotes. Take with pinch of salt

Comment

Don't understand why he wd be "dropping down a division" when he has been a UB since September. Think he wd be a good choice, though. Yes, Charlton always used to trail off towards the end of a season but remember when they got rid of him they said they wanted a manager to "take them to the next level". Think they were roughly mid table premier league or even higher at the time, and since then have dived into what is effectively the third division.
                        If some fans think Curbs isn't good enough I fear there will be a lot of extremely unhappy campers when the actual appointment is announced...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                          He's turned it down already, allegedly, citing that he thinks he can get a Prem club.
                          but if he went to the prem he would get some relegation cert but we are a team looking for promotion next (or this depending on how you look at it) season and have the money to stay there

for the long term hes better off coming to us
                          i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

He might well be better off with us if he were allowed to manage, but it wd only take a v brief phone call to his old mate Iain Dowie to ask "so what was it like working for Flavio Briatore?" for the job to suddenly seem a little less good, I'd say as a wild guess.

Comment

i like that

Comment

Working...
                              X