Championship and QPR..Lets Get Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship and QPR..Lets Get Real

Does anyone seriously believe that premiership players who play first team football, are going to take the drop.

Keane has just taken over Ipswich and even he admits, that won't be a mass exodus or incoming of players.

What do we really expect?

Fuller or Roberts would be great for us, but not in a million years would they drop.

Not saying we will sign Adebola, (Much prefer Blackstock), but surely we are limited on what players will come, bearing in mind we have a wages cap and won't spend millions.

Not even players like Jason Scotland or Fryatt would move
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I agree Pete but you were the one saying we were serious about getting frazier campbell on a season's loan. I think most of us wd be only to delighted to get excellent championship players like scotland and fox or spurr. Think the frustration is not that we can't get premiership players but that even top end championship players are deemed to be "unrealistic".

Comment

Members of this forum do need to get real. There are many on here impatient and furious about speculation and rumour. Many are taking stories on this site and in the papers to be fact when its nothing more then idle gossip. What is fact is when it's on the official website and not before.

As for the answer to Pete's questions some players will drop but not big names and not those getting regular matches (i.e. Ephraim, Connolly and Routledge). Players like Buzsaky and Vine moved clubs to improve their chances of regular matches and to move to a club supposedly going somewhere. Jason Scotland could be tempted if he was either offered more money than Swansea were prepared to offer or if he believed that QPR had the better chance of promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Does anyone seriously believe that premiership players who play first team football, are going to take the drop.

Keane has just taken over Ipswich and even he admits, that won't be a mass exodus or incoming of players.

What do we really expect?

Fuller or Roberts would be great for us, but not in a million years would they drop.

Not saying we will sign Adebola, (Much prefer Blackstock), but surely we are limited on what players will come, bearing in mind we have a wages cap and won't spend millions.

Not even players like Jason Scotland or Fryatt would move
        Money talks, Cerny, routledge and Ramage were Premiership players this time last year and all could probably stayed in the prem with the likes of stoke , hull, west brom or middlesboro

Comment

Would love Frazier campbell,

Apparantly maybe sold to a Premiership club (if they stay up):shocked::scorn::shame:
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete - as we saw with Fulham and Wigan, if you pay the players, they will drop a division. All about hard cash. No performance tie ins, match or better the standard monthly take home and they'll come.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              Members of this forum do need to get real. There are many on here impatient and furious about speculation and rumour. Many are taking stories on this site and in the papers to be fact when its nothing more then idle gossip. What is fact is when it's on the official website and not before.

As for the answer to Pete's questions some players will drop but not big names and not those getting regular matches (i.e. Ephraim, Connolly and Routledge). Players like Buzsaky and Vine moved clubs to improve their chances of regular matches and to move to a club supposedly going somewhere. Jason Scotland could be tempted if he was either offered more money than Swansea were prepared to offer or if he believed that QPR had the better chance of promotion.
              Swansea will be a one season wonder and their manager has already hinted that their 3 best players may not be at the club next season.

Comment

I haven't seen any newspapers or internet sites linking us with Premiership players. I can't talk for anyone else but my hunch is some people are growing a little frustrated because it is hard to reconcile the slightly journeyman players we have been linked to - perhaps inaccurately and of course its v early days, particularly without a manager - with the supposed ambition of the club

Comment

The best we're gonna get are premiership youngsters i hope we go for ched evans suited to the league and has proven it,id like us to get adebola aswell he is a pain for defences and take a gamble on a hot league 1 striker with pace.I agree with pete we cant expect big players from prem to join us and i feel the squad is strong just needs a proven championship manager eg johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    Pete - as we saw with Fulham and Wigan, if you pay the players, they will drop a division. All about hard cash. No performance tie ins, match or better the standard monthly take home and they'll come.
                    Exactly! we have this romantic notion about the players playing for the club (the badge kissers) but they are a dying breed and nowdays its all about the money and this is something we can pay..hence the lack of transfer fees but i bet the squad average pay is the highest its ever been.

Comment

We struggle to tempt players from rival championship sides let alone premiership ;)

Comment

Nodge70, yes you are right.

Saha and van Der Sar for Fulham spring to mind.

I guess they were hoping SDC or Ledesma would be a Saha??

Trouble is, think its more difficult now.

Though hard cash might now be needed, lessons should be learned that doing it on the cheap won't work.

Comment

"Though hard cash might now be needed, lessons should be learned that doing it on the cheap won't work. " Lets hope so

Comment

plus didn't Jason Scotland say he would only leave Swansea for a prem team? might be wrong but it was something along those lines

Comment

So if there is a realisation that it can't be done on the cheap and hard cash is needed why are we apparently not even looking at players like Scotland? I should qualify that by saying of course we don't even have a manager yet and maybe he will get a budget to go after such talents but if we do spend the kind of money to get those sorts of players I think I'll fall off my very expensively priced seat...

Comment

Working...
                              X