Our only 2 real assets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our only 2 real assets?

Had an interesting conversation with my ole man last night and we both agreed the only 2 real assets this club has is Connolly & Ephriam.

Discuss and give some thought to your answers

How is Ephraim an asset worth selling? He hasn't really done much this season.

I would say Gorkss, Vine, Buzsaky, Rowlands, Blackstock, Camp & Leigertwood are worth more than Ephraim.

There were or are offers for the latter 3 and if QPR were making the others available, there would be reasonable offers for them too. How much, would depend on how long they ahve remaining on their contracts.

Comment

Matt Connolly was the first name that sprung to my mind when I saw the title of this thread. He is a star in the making.

As for Hogan, I feel he has to do a good season or two to claim the status of being a true asset. He has appeared sporadically and needs a good run to prove himself.

I think this young keeper Elvijs could be a real asset. I also feel Rowan Vine is an asset and Akos is too. An asset being someone we could get a good fee for. Routledge has a full season ahead to prove himself. We'll see how that goes for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        Matt Connolly was the first name that sprung to my mind when I saw the title of this thread. He is a star in the making.

As for Hogan, I feel he has to do a good season or two to claim the status of being a true asset. He has appeared sporadically and needs a good run to prove himself.

I think this young keeper Elvijs could be a real asset. I also feel Rowan Vine is an asset and Akos is too. An asset being someone we could get a good fee for.
        That's right.

Which is why I included Blackstock, Camp and Leigertwood. If rumours are to be believed, QPR could get around £4M for the three of them.

Comment

If you pinned me down to 2 assets, it would include Connolly. Has many years in front of him and learning all the time. The other would be Gorkss, who apart from Sunday, has simply been superb and rightfully stuck two fingers up to the critics after the Sheffield United game
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            How is Ephraim an asset worth selling? He hasn't really done much this season.

I would say Gorkss, Vine, Buzsaky, Rowlands, Blackstock, Camp & Leigertwood are worth more than Ephraim.

There were or are offers for the latter 3 and if QPR were making the others available, there would be reasonable offers for them too. How much, would depend on how long they ahve remaining on their contracts.
            Thats the answer I'm expecting of a lot of people Ephriam is a bigger asset to the club than all of those players - Sousa certainly thought so!

What is a real asset to the club then?

Some one who has suffered career threatening injury(s), in the their late 20's pushing 30, unlikely to play and suceed in the Premier League, tied up on long contract which is way over valued for their talent?

It's interesting that so many QPR fans seem to think we have a such great group of players which other clubs are willing to match what we are already paying...get a grip!

Blackstock is Forest bound so he doesn't count!

Comment

I completely agree with w12 ranger...

In connolly and ephraim we have two players that are destined to play in the premier league and possibly represent their country! Theses two are 21 yeas old, so could play for another 14 years... so theres no question these two are our biggest assests.

Comment

Originally posted by uuurrr'sss View Post
                I completely agree with w12 ranger...

In connolly and ephraim we have two players that are destined to play in the premier league and possibly represent their country! Theses two are 21 yeas old, so could play for another 14 years... so theres no question these two are our biggest assests.
                And the winner is......well done for demonstrating some foresight and common sense!

Who said Legiertwood and Rowlands I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Comment

sorry, definitely not Empriam.

Balanta has more potential
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

W12 - I think you are right that too many people look at our players and think we are strong but somehow are shocked that there are teams above us doing better with so called "worse" players. What a lot of people forget is that if you only see an opposing player once or twice a year and they play badly/brilliantly in those matches it doesn't mean they are a bad/good player the other 40+ matches a season. We see one or two games where one of our players plays badly and instantly fans want him replaced with an opposing player who they have only seen once.

Anyway, to answer your original question Ephraim and Connolly are assets. Balanta, Rose, German etc hopefully will become players who in later years we will also call assets. Having players like Rowlands, Vine and Buzsaky is great but are they destined for bigger things outside of this division? Unlikey whereas Matt and Hogan are.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      sorry, definitely not Empriam.

Balanta has more potential
                      Yet to the see the potential with Balanta but I won't dismiss him at all, think next season Ephriam could really come good especially if we sign Taarabt.
                      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 06-05-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                        W12 - I think you are right that too many people look at our players and think we are strong but somehow are shocked that there are teams above us doing better with so called "worse" players. What a lot of people forget is that if you only see an opposing player once or twice a year and they play badly/brilliantly in those matches it doesn't mean they are a bad/good player the other 40+ matches a season. We see one or two games where one of our players plays badly and instantly fans want him replaced with an opposing player who they have only seen once.

Anyway, to answer your original question Ephraim and Connolly are assets. Balanta, Rose, German etc hopefully will become players who in later years we will also call assets. Having players like Rowlands, Vine and Buzsaky is great but are they destined for bigger things outside of this division? Unlikey whereas Matt and Hogan are.
                        Excellent summary nothing else to add to that!

Comment

Ephraim needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to play regularly in the centre. Certainly has the potential though

Even if he does run like a girl

Comment

Maybe he will replace Rowlands in CM as the ball winner with perhaps another 7-10lbs added to his overall mass? He did well at the end of this season in CM role. That is where we seem short in midfield. Not out wide or in flair midfield roles.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                              Had an interesting conversation with my ole man last night and we both agreed the only 2 real assets this club has is Connolly & Ephriam.

Discuss and give some thought to your answers
                              And you had the cheek to pass comment on me talking about Dexter Blackstock. He is 10x much better than Hogan you numpty

Comment

Working...
                              X