Gibb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibb

I gather from Pete we are not going to look at loans next season and as a general policy I can see the logic - build more team spirit with players really part of the project rather than this revolving door of temporary signings. But then you look at a player like Kieron [spelling?] Gibb at Arsenal. OK, so he made a howler last night but he was playing the best team in the world. It would be totally unrealistic to think we cd buy such a player but in the normal course of events he is third choice left back at Arsenal yet just about everyone agrees he is a phenomenal talent. I accept that even a loan wd be a long shot but isn't he precisely the kind of quality player - like a Mancienne - who we cd possibly bring in for a season? Then, who knows, if we were promoted we cd always make an offer for a permanent move. Thoughts?

He'd have to take off those roller skates first!! ;D

Comment

Gibbs was woeful last night. I don't care who he was playing who I might add were far superior but gibbs did nothing good. Can't even cross a ball under no pressure, Wenger made a big mistake to play him. So gibbs? No thanks!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think you are being a bit harsh - he is v young and his confidence was shot after the first goal. Everyone was praising him to the skies after the first leg at Old Trafford.

Comment

It was wengers fault. He should never of been playing. They are rubbish compared to liverpool and Man u they need to bring in some leaders. Thats where they remind me of QPR no leaders

Comment

Can't disagree with you there. I know he is meant to be a great manager but it seems obvious to us that he needs a tough tackler. They never replaced Viera and Adams. United have players like O'Shea and Ferguson who wd never be in anybody's fantasy 11 but they do the ugly work to help the star players. And you are right, unless Rowly and Legs really step it up next year not sure we have anyone remotely in that mould even allowing for the gap between premiership and championship quality.

Comment

I would say man uniteds leader is Rio Ferdinand. When he is not in the side Vidic doesn't look the same player, I don't rate oshea as he is very limited but you also have good pro's that lead by example in Giggs and Scholes so they have a perfect blend of youth and experience hence why wenger shouldn't even be compared to Sir whiskey drinking Alex

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Gibbs was woeful last night. I don't care who he was playing who I might add were far superior but gibbs did nothing good. Can't even cross a ball under no pressure, Wenger made a big mistake to play him. So gibbs? No thanks!
                Its amazing how quick you are to dismiss a player based on one performance. A week earlier he was absolutlely superb and was many peoples man of the match! the kid is 19 playing in a massive Game. he would be by far and away the best left back in the championship should he come to us (which he won't).

Comment

Working...
                X