So just to get this straight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just to get this straight...

Keane turned us down, as did Warnock. Another - un-named - Championship manager was interviewed but either didn't want it or wasn't deemed good enough. Erickson laughed. Ferguson made clear he wasn't interested. Di Canio was more or less ruled out a couple of weeks ago but now no one else wants the job has become heavily tipped once again, though the board has put off making a choice until someone - anyone - turns up who might know how to oragnise a defence or perhaps, as an added bonus, speak English. Is this a fair summary?

think thats just about it yup. You cant blame decent managers not wanting it.

Comment

There's still two very good Championship managers out there, unattached.

Pardew (whatever you think of him, and I don't like him, you can't argue with his record)

and

Curbishley

Either there is something fundamentally wrong in our structure that neither of these two have been approached or they have been approached and cannot work within the restrictive parameters placed upon the role

This is really the "do or die" appointment for the Club. They can extricate themselves from this mess with a "sensible" appointment that will encourage respected players to come in or we go down the De Canio/Paladini "type" set up where the potential to be a derided laughing stock for years to come is huge.

Last chance saloon for the club imo.

Comment

Nodge spot on son!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

nodge- curbs likes to think hes a prem manager only these days.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
            nodge- curbs likes to think hes a prem manager only these days.
            Needs to wake up and smell the coffee then doesn't he! Can't think of one PL club that would pick him at the moment. Not even Newcastle!

Comment

dont think Curbs would come. Pardew who i agree is certainly unappealing maybe our only chance to avoid the Gigi/Paladini partnership which would be a disaster for the club.

Comment

definitely a few candidates out there instead of Curbs or Pardew.

Ince, Boothroyd and Hoddle spring to mind.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Keane turned us down, as did Warnock. Another - un-named - Championship manager was interviewed but either didn't want it or wasn't deemed good enough. Erickson laughed. Ferguson made clear he wasn't interested. Di Canio was more or less ruled out a couple of weeks ago but now no one else wants the job has become heavily tipped once again, though the board has put off making a choice until someone - anyone - turns up who might know how to oragnise a defence or perhaps, as an added bonus, speak English. Is this a fair summary?
                  is this based on fact or internet gossip?

Comment

exciting times ahead:tired:

Comment

Internet Gossip, but Keane was in China at the time of the grand Prix and Warnock was sounded out.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

its amazing that when the names are in the frame no one wants them but as soon as they are unavailable, we have missed out! it will be the same with every player that moves to another championship club this summer.

Comment

I'm starting to warm to the idea of Hoddle,although he's 'been out of the loop' for a while.But Boothroyd is a good young manager,knows what it takes to get out of this league too!! Don't know about Incey? Prem was a step too soon,maybe the championship would be his level?? Who knows,only Flavio has the answer!!!!
                          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Boothroyd - Nooooo!!!!! Plays like Warnock on steroids. If we can't afford season long loans, we can't afford the Mitre ball bill for the ones that would be hoofed into the estate!

Hoddle - would be good
                            Ince - meh...

Comment

Id be happy with hoddle.

Comment

Working...
                              X