Hammer..Your Views On Curbishley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer..Your Views On Curbishley?

Lucky to keep you up, with the dodgy dealings of Tevez?

or class act?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Firstly curbs has stated he wants a prem job.i know a fella who Knows him who backs this up.do you want me to carry on??

Comment

We have some craving for his services.

What did you think of him?

Don't mind if you liked him or not, just trying to get a fans perspective on what you thought of him.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

ok.like pards i have mixed feelings about him.

when pards was sacked he came in in december won his 1st game v manure and seemed to turn the tide.we spent some serious money in that jan window(he`s first)upson 6m, boa morte 5m,quashie 1.5m davenport 3m,neill 1.5m.i do believe he made an error not keeping mascherano and not playing tevez every game.in fact it wasnt till march that tevez became a regular in the side.all in all he kept us up so did a great job in that season.

the following season 07/08.imo he made some very poor buys in that summer.dyer 6m and a sicknote on big wages,ljungberg another with a poor injury record and reportedly on 65k a week!! he signed bellamy 7m good player but again injury prone.julien faubert 6m got injured in pre season and looked to be about 3m to dear.scott parker 7m was his best buy in that window.we started that season ok and always looked like we would not go down which we never.however we did seem to suffer more than our fair share of injuries under him and there was criticism of his medical team/backroom staff with regards to that.alot of our fans also felt our brand of football was dour and predictable and alot of fans never enjoyed the football.whilst aware that we should be content that we wasnt in a relegation dogfight.again we stayed up much more comfortable this time.

IMO he was lucky during his tenure at west ham that he was given alot of money to spend which he did.however he could and should have spent this money much more wisely IMO,like he did at charlton.

all in all he done a decent job and kept us in the prem.however myself and others were not to dissapointed to see him resign.and with hindsight football with zola is better more attractive & entertaining and just as if not more successful.

Comment

cheers, impartial and I'm guessing we can draw our own conclusions.

Sounds okay, but just don;t give him any money

Comment

NB - Many of those signings and salaries were NOT Curbishley's (the Italian Director of Football (name escapes me....) had his sticky pawprints all over a number) and one of the reasons given for his resignation was interference from the Italian Director of Football.....

Plus ca change?

Comment

kept in this section, as he is a possible candidate for the job;D

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                NB - Many of those signings and salaries were NOT Curbishley's (the Italian Director of Football (name escapes me....) had his sticky pawprints all over a number) and one of the reasons given for his resignation was interference from the Italian Director of Football.....

Plus ca change?
                I've read something similar to that before somewhere. Cant think where though.

Comment

He aint gonna come to the bush , after all he resigned due to interference from above.

I think he would laugh if there was an approach.

Comment

nothing to do with the team struggling then?

Zola seems to have taken the team to another level this season, with the players that were sold under Curbs a distant memory.

What nationality is Zola?

Comment

What has zola's nationality got to do with anything at all?

Comment

Doesn't mean a certain Italian would do the same does it?? Don't get me wrong,LDC did a good job keeping us up,do you believe he could take us to another level Pete??
                        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

"Just don't give him any money then."

Sounds like he'd fit in well at Loftus Rd, then.

Comment

I think he may be referring to the fact that he shares the same nationality as our Sporting Director.You can draw your own conclusions as to why he may do such a thing.

Comment

To be honest, we need the players. Two quality strikers.

Then, I think to a degree it doesn't matter who is manager. As long, they can get on with it and are not too defensive

Comment

Working...
                              X