No announcement yet.

2.5M for Dex and Campy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take £1.5m forn the pair, £2.5m we are laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Fair enough sell Blackstock for 2 million once we have got an improvement until then to sell him is ridiculous!

I really wouldn't be surprised if we started next season with an even worse strike force than we had this season!

Comment

Quotes taken from the new site re the sale of Blackstock and Camp to Forest for £2.5million.

Originally posted by big ade View Post
        good bit of business if the money is reinvested in a quality striker.
        Originally posted by crowlehoops View Post
        will only be a good deal if we invest this in some top quality forward.
        Not singling you two out but would you care to tell us who we could replace Dexter for, for £2.5million? Lets get rid of a young lad who's scored goals every year consistently, with a promising future ahead of him... and sign the wonderful Dele Adebola, who will be 34 years old come the start of the season who's broke League 10 goals a season 3 times in 13 years, adding to that the wonderful Pat Agyemang who's 28 and has never scored more than 10 League goals in the last 9 years and the mighty Heider who's 32 in August and has bagged over 10 goals twice in the last 9 years too...

Dexters record is AT THIS LEVEL I'd like to add is 4 in 10 for Plymouth 04/05, 3 in 7 at Southampton plus 3 in 8 at Derby 05/06, followed by 13 in 37 for us during 06/07, 6 in 26 during 07/08 and this seasons 11 in 26 for us and 2 in 6 for Forest. Say what you want, but the facts don't lie. He is the most prolific striker we have on our books and we'd be feecking tw@ts to let him go. You cannot and will not be able to get a proven striker for the supposed £1.7million we get for him who'd return the goals he has scored.

Some of our fans live in a strange world...

Comment

"He is the most prolific striker we have on our books"

That is all that is wrong with QPR FC at the moment, poooo keepers, poooo Strikers and Middle of the road midfielders (except a few). We have good defenders though and without them, Cerney would have been found out a lot more.

Comment

Can't believe (but should by now) that with our so called purchasing power we are pinning our hopes on keeping a league one at best striker or replacing him with an over-th-hill lump. There must be (is) better out there.
            http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

6 In 26 thats impressive 2 in 8 games thats wonderful.
              Dazzer am I seeing things or are you just proving a point that he doesn't score enough goals? To replace him with Adebola is not a good idea but lets not pretend because of that reason Dexter is worth keeping. Pete is completely wrong regarding Blackstock and your trying to defend him Dazz but then you give us woeful stats. Having other shite strikers in our squad is no reason to keep him. I have said this before and I will say it again, I think we need 2 strikers and adebola free with quality will work. He will do the donkey work like heskey we just need someone with pace up with him. I have seen milk turn quicker than blackstock so 2.5 million? Great business!!! Oh and w12 rangers I know you liked to tell me how much you earn I will ignore than strange response as you are spot on with this topic!

Oh and I am the frogger champ! ;)
              Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                6 In 26 thats impressive 2 in 8 games thats wonderful.
                Dazzer am I seeing things or are you just proving a point that he doesn't score enough goals? To replace him with Adebola is not a good idea but lets not pretend because of that reason Dexter is worth keeping. Pete is completely wrong regarding Blackstock and your trying to defend him Dazz but then you give us woeful stats. Having other shite strikers in our squad is no reason to keep him. I have said this before and I will say it again, I think we need 2 strikers and adebola free with quality will work. He will do the donkey work like heskey we just need someone with pace up with him. I have seen milk turn quicker than blackstock so 2.5 million? Great business!!! Oh and w12 rangers I know you liked to tell me how much you earn I will ignore than strange response as you are spot on with this topic!
                As for I am defending Pete, don't be a knob. I have my own voice and this is my opinion.

You’re missing my point... Look at Pat Agyemang, Rowan Vine or HH's goal scoring records. Out of those three he is a better goal scorer. Add to that the potential signing of the soon to be 34 year old Adebola... That gets me well excited!!! What you rate all those players better than him at putting the ball in the back of the net? I am judging him on his stats. He's 22 (23 this month) and already has a decent return on goals. Also bear in mind Dexter has played in fairly poor sides the last two years for us and still scored in this division. Baring Rowan Vine I'd take Dexter over all of those players up front. How many more goals would QPR have scored if Dexter had all the chances that Helguson has missed recently? I know it would have been a lot more that HH has got. Not saying he is the greatest but he's not our worst player and WON’T be replaced for anything less than £2.5million which the board will not pay for one player!
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 05-05-2009, 04:08 PM.

Comment

can we not just get rid of Agyemang, Blackstock and HH and buy a decent upcoming striker like Beckford or Cox....cos i dont rate any of em. Swap 3 mediocre strikers for 1 good one, thats a start.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    can we not just get rid of Agyemang, Blackstock and HH and buy a decent upcoming striker like Beckford or Cox....cos i dont rate any of em. Swap 3 mediocre strikers for 1 good one, thats a start.
                    Great idea... Lets sell those three and spend more money on a player who hasn't score goals at this level!!

Comment

so lets keep the 3 that FAILED to score the goals last season? and hope they get better in time for next season?

Comment

Heskey's goal scoring record is very poor but he is far superior to Blackstock so this is where your stats die a terrible death. Blackstock, helguson and Ayemang won't score us the goals to get us promoted so I would rather have quality upfront. If we could get Frazier Campbell playing along Adebola then I guarentee you alot more goals than this season. We have been pathetic infront of goal so helguson and Blackstock have to take responsibility. Oh and don't start name calling Daz surely you can show some form of maturity??? The fact your a moderator just shows what a joke this site is becoming!!!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Bad move, selling Blackstock.

Hope we get a striker that scores 20, because I will definitely be coming back to this subject if we don't.
                          Where will you direct your blame? GP or FB?

Comment

Working...
                          X