Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next season...where will we be come August 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season...where will we be come August 2009?

At this stage we just don't know what is going to happen. We could actually finish in the lower half of the table. Things won't be any easier esp. if Newcastle come down, Leeds go up--both massive clubs compared to us at the moment. I didn't really wan't De Canio when he came to us last season, but was quite sorry to see him go (though I don't want him back now). Did want Dowie, was sorry to see him go, did want Sousa, was sorry to see him go. A lot depends on a change of tactics by the board--give whoever is the next/manager or coach time (as long as the players respond to him), and it must be obvious to all that we need to ship out several players and replace them with the best quality we can realistically get. Given quality players wage demands I would be genuinely surprised if we succeed in reaching the play-offs by spending less than @ eight million before the season starts in transfer fees alone, plus we need to pick up a couple of quality free signings also. To give us a realistic chance of automatic promotion I reckon we need to spend @ 15 million in transfer fees on at least 5-6 players (given that one or two on the law of averages are likely to disappoint) plus the Bosmans/frees. But please, please, no big gambles on overseas youth--ie Parejo, Ledesma, DiCarmine etc. Perhaps, just perhaps, if we hadn't gone for Parejo & Ledesma we might have signed Watson. But in fairness to Flav and co., we were very unlucky with the continuing loss of Buzz and Vine. Only time will tell if they can recover their best form.

12th
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Is that because alphabetically we will start the season in 12th place?!

Comment

No,im just being silly.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I'll predict where we finish after i see who we sign in the summer

You R'sss!!!
          Everyday Plumbers Bristol
          63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
          0117 239 1217
          http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
            I'll predict where we finish after i see who we sign in the summer

You R'sss!!!
            I am more concerned about who will be in charge.

:confused:

Comment

All rowing about season ticket prices.
              My old man said be a Rangers fan, I said,......OK.

Comment

Working...
              X