My take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take

Saw the match from the Lower Loft (sorry, "family stand" as we should now call it) for the first time in ages as took my 4-year-old son. Four rows from the front, smack in front of the goal, brilliant position. Couldn't resist putting my son on my shoulders and dancing up and down when Lopez scored. Even better when the winner came in - we cd see it was going to be a goal before the cross came over. Loved the way the lad who scored it - Trabant? or was that an East German car? - looked so ****y when he scored - their keeper was furious! However, missed long periods of the match as kept having to take my Fred to the kazee (check sp ed).

Positives:

1) Lopez was really good, v tidy, really good at nudging the ball from the back and to the attacking players, bit like a Wilkins. But don't he should be taking so many corners etc - don't think I've ever seen him clear the first man. Still, v gd performance and hope he remains part of the set up next season.

2) Gorks was a tower of strength putting in some great last ditch tackles. I feel sorry for Stewart because he has played his heart out this season but surely Kaspars and Connolly have got to be the centre pairing.

3) Ramage (and I never thought I'd say this) but another good game, v solid and came over countless times to help the centre halves out. Minus is that he has zero presence going forward.

4) The last five minutes: amazing to say this as an R but I wasn't that nervous. If anything with a bit more confidence we cd have gone and snatched a third. So often in those circs we have conceded a soft late goal but just looked stronger and stronger as the game went on.

Negatives:

1) Too many players were quiet for too long. Hogan looked great when he had the ball but went long spells not being involed. Tarabat (or however you spell his name) is a class apart and got better as the game went on but took too long to come into the game.

2) DiCarbuncle. Still think that local newspaper hack nailed it when he said that old Sammy "does nothing v badly but nothing v well" - just don't see the point of him when we have Dex, Helguson and even Vine on the bench. Worked hard, got stuck in, one decent shot but always if he scores it is a surprise.

3) Dex on the bench - clearly he has no future at the club. I'm not an uncritical fan of his but his goal scoring record is the best at the club and think he cd have caused some problems today. Yes he looks cack for large periods but he does score goals - isn't that what strikers do?

4) Helguson. I'm not one of the knockers and as with Dex think he has a gd strike rate and wd like the two played together but despite coming on as sub he just seemed to amble about and not really chase many balls down. Still believe in him but thinks he needs a kick up the backside.

5) Ref - joke.

Great day out, great sunshine, great result. If only we had started doing this about two games earlier the end of the season cd have been v v interesting...

dex werent on the bench was he mate? i can see him leaving at the end of the season for £1mil hopefully we spend that on a good striker.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      3) Dex on the bench - clearly he has no future at the club. I'm not an uncritical fan of his but his goal scoring record is the best at the club and think he cd have caused some problems today. Yes he looks cack for large periods but he does score goals - isn't that what strikers do?
      was he on the bench? thought mahon and vine were the two unused subs

Comment

Good write up!

I thought the lower loft was on form second half - great to see. Seems Dex isn't wanted at all.
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Apologies, must have got it wrong trying to control my son, thought I heard them say Dex but thinking about it you must be right. Bench was Mahon, Cook, Routledge, Vine, Helguson. Still, if he doesn't even make the bench and judging by the quote Scott got from him it sounds like the game is up for him at Loftus Rd. If we get Campbell and whats his face from Leeds as some were suggesting last night then so be it, fantastic, but seems like a v careless way to treat the only Rangers player who consistently scores goals with no one signed and sealed...

Comment

Personally thought Heidar wasn't to bad when he came on.
            Delaney's improved.
            Ramage and Hogan are two new players and Taarabt has quality written all over him.

More so that Freekick... possibly a contender for goal of the season?
            Everyday Plumbers Bristol
            63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
            0117 239 1217
            http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

i don't see what helguson adds to the team

Comment

Helguson does alot of work that goes un noticed saying that he cant put the ball in the back of the net at the moment , but give it time im sure he will get a few ;)

Comment

Good summary Stainrodisalegend.

Dex was up in the stands just along from me in SAR, along with One Size, Rowly and Stewart.

Mauro Milanese was also there today.
                  Be nice to Minty

Comment

A good report, I agree with much of it.
                    That Tarabat or whatever is class but must learn to pass before he loses the ball.
                    Ramage was solid as was the back 4 all day.

My only negative from today was Cerny, I thought he was a bit off. He don't come and get the ball when he should.

Lovely day, sunny, good support, crap ref and the right result
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Where does Spaghetti Milanese play now, or has he retired? Always quite liked him but felt he was one of those players who didn't have quite enough skill to wear white boots... :what:

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Where does Spaghetti Milanese play now, or has he retired? Always quite liked him but felt he was one of those players who didn't have quite enough skill to wear white boots... :what:
                        ;D

Comment

Milanese was palying in the Springbok after the game

Comment

Working...
                          X