X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by factamondo View Post
    last i saw of him the fella was suffering from parkinsons/or alzheimers i think.....how old are you old son???
    That is sad news.

Leave a comment:

• Factamondo
    replied
    Originally posted by w12boy View Post
    Played for Colville boys based at Coverdale school.**** le Marsh was the club leader and Les Boyle was coach.Les lived and breathed Rangers all his life.Worked for the club doing lots of different jobs anyone Know what happened to him/
    last i saw of him the fella was suffering from parkinsons/or alzheimers i think.....how old are you old son???

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Played for Colville boys based at Coverdale school.**** le Marsh was the club leader and Les Boyle was coach.Les lived and breathed Rangers all his life.Worked for the club doing lots of different jobs anyone Know what happened to him/
    Still lives on Wormholt as far as I'm aware near Cleverly Estate, unless anyone knows any different?

He was the kit man for years and the joke amongst non QPR fans locally use to be he was manager of the club.

Leave a comment:

• w12boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet pimple
    replied
    Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    I use to play for the Harrow Club, taking the short cut over the flyover to get to Latimer Road from the manor. Back then Den Palfrey from Wormholt use to run it, see him over the Rangers a while back as well.
    Used to play for the Harrow club as well, football, cricket, and table tennis.
    Lou Ashman ran the club when i was there.
    Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    the boozer was 'the western'......'ray' anderson /john birch (legend r.i.p) ran christon '....wiggie lovell,steve matthews all decent players!
    I use to play for the Harrow Club, taking the short cut over the flyover to get to Latimer Road from the manor. Back then Den Palfrey from Wormholt use to run it, see him over the Rangers a while back as well.

Leave a comment:

• w12boy
    replied
    [QUOTE=W12_Ranger;353820]Well you must be mates with my old man because he played football with Christon Utd and he played with Seth....Queenie Anderson use to run it

Great days, on tour to Belgium,beano's from the Smuts to Margate,quality games on a Sunday,training on a Thursday night on the astro in south Africa rd and back to the Smuts after. Fund raising Stag nights in the Smuts with Ray Anderson as the singing compare.

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    the boozer was 'the western'......'ray' anderson /john birch (legend r.i.p) ran christon '....wiggie lovell,steve matthews all decent players!
    I just remember being dragged up to the Co Op on the A40 by my mum as a kid and seeing the burnt shell of that boozer.

Talking of old supermarkets what about Prestos on Bush Green.

Leave a comment:

• Factamondo
    replied
    Well you must be mates with my old man because he played football with Christon Utd and he played with Seth....Queenie Anderson use to run it

Is Burroughs Chippie the little old fashion one opposite Homebase, talking about Homebase I remember that big old boozer there burning down....The Coach and Horses was it?

My step mum also reckons the Chip Machine by the Smutts use to draw bigger crowds than the Rangers back in the day and he mentioned the Iron Cow outside Mildreds.

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Saw Seth play for Rangers in the mid 60's and played with him for Christon Utd inthe late 70's he was quality.
    Well you must be mates with my old man because he played football with Christon Utd and he played with Seth....Queenie Anderson use to run it

yes mate went in there every day for me paper....turned back into house now.....'honors' on the other corner and 'burroughs' chippie' on the one way by berleigh towers.'no chips without fish friday lunchtimes'
    Is Burroughs Chippie the little old fashion one opposite Homebase, talking about Homebase I remember that big old boozer there burning down....The Coach and Horses was it?

My step mum also reckons the Chip Machine by the Smutts use to draw bigger crowds than the Rangers back in the day and she mentioned the Iron Cow outside Mildreds.

Leave a comment:

• Factamondo
    replied
    Remember daring each other as kids to go and buy a bag of chips, what about Reggies around the corner, he use to give us free QPR tickets.
    yes mate went in there every day for me paper....turned back into house now.....'honors' on the other corner and 'burroughs' chippie' on the one way by berleigh towers.'no chips without fish friday lunchtimes'

Leave a comment:

• w12boy
    replied
    Johnny from Johns Hair Fashions on Uxbridge Road.

The man I'm referring to is the Old Man, pair of clippers in his hands was like a lawn mower, RIP. His son incidently (Seth) I believe is still the youngest player to have turned out for the Rangers, still works there to this day.
    Saw Seth play for Rangers in the mid 60's and played with him for Christon Utd inthe late 70's he was quality.

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    growing up in west12 and on the wormholt/east acton in the 80's i think was the last era when youngsters really enjoyed themselves without worrying about being 'd'ssed' n 'needing to shanks people'!!.....the wormholt had a community feel about it in those days and peopl;e stuck together where as now the place is souless n inhabited by some real low life!.....denis wises old fella ran the football team which contained some decent players and rangers lads .....remember 'chillo' the ice cream geezer n his blue n cream hand painted van......kim wise,mandy cracknell,jackie foran,donna hedges,mandy wright all those fillies were spot on......halcyon days indeed...the re#opening of the 'vic' by branson n 'scottish sue' n her mate from bristol who's name escapes me .......factos first 'menage a trois' .........factos 'only' menage a trois'.........the wormholt park 5 a sides'......'sids army'.........greasy mildreds 'chippie'...........getting all misty eyed here!

Remember daring each other as kids to go and buy a bag of chips, what about Reggies around the corner, he use to give us free QPR tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Factamondo
    replied
    growing up in west12 and on the wormholt/east acton in the 80's i think was the last era when youngsters really enjoyed themselves without worrying about being 'd'ssed' n 'needing to shanks people'!!.....the wormholt had a community feel about it in those days and peopl;e stuck together where as now the place is souless n inhabited by some real low life!.....denis wises old fella ran the football team which contained some decent players and rangers lads .....remember 'chillo' the ice cream geezer n his blue n cream hand painted van......kim wise,mandy cracknell,jackie foran,donna hedges,mandy wright all those fillies were spot on......halcyon days indeed...the re#opening of the 'vic' by branson n 'scottish sue' n her mate from bristol who's name escapes me .......factos first 'menage a trois' .........factos 'only' menage a trois'.........the wormholt park 5 a sides'......'sids army'.........greasy mildreds 'chippie'...........getting all misty eyed here!

Leave a comment:

• superhoop67
    replied
    Johnny from Johns Hair Fashions on Uxbridge Road.

The man I'm referring to is the Old Man, pair of clippers in his hands was like a lawn mower, RIP. His son incidently (Seth) I believe is still the youngest player to have turned out for the Rangers, still works there to this day.
    And still styles my hair [allegedly]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X