Les Boyle RIP | Memories of Growing Up in White City / Shep. Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Boyle RIP | Memories of Growing Up in White City / Shep. Bush

What are your memories of growing up in White City / Shepherds Bush. What was it like supporting the Superhoops in the 50's, 60's 70' 80's & 90's around the manor?

What do you miss, what would you bring back?
    Last edited by Stanley; 10-07-2018, 12:46 AM.

Two shillings to get in.........they can bring that back, also miss the peanut seller, and numbers on the big board rep scores from other matches as it happens.....
    They seek him here.................

Comment

playing footie on the red ash, johnnie bang-bang, the double in 67 . . .
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        It was the rubber which I grew up on which was laid directly on top of the red ash. Johnnie Bang Bang died years back my mum was friends with his sister, poor ****er use to get harassed non stopped by kids around the manor from your generation through to mine.

Comment

I put central heating in to White City about 23 yrs ago and it was a cack hole then,
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Climbing into LR and playing football on the pitch most Sundays . and Sailor Jack Johnson the Winkle King
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

I miss getting on the old double decker bus for 2p. 81, 82 and 83 my favourite years. Clip round the ear from plod, being a skinhead and the record exchange on Goldhawk Road.

Comment

white city dogs, white city stadium, mates who have long since emigrated or moved miles away, the hot summers and the long wait for the start of a new season. . .
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Chillo the Ice Cream man on Wormholt Estate
                  Going up Bromyard for a kick about
                  Mad Lizzie

Comment

Being able to walk around the ground at half time,big box rattles,the season of 67,the 5-a-sides at Whormolt,playing football on the Green till late,W.G stores window display for the League cup final in 67,the African bloke in the market covered in fluff selling clothes rollers that never worked,Rodneys first game against Millwall,playing Coverdale against Bentworth in the 65/66 schools cup final in ravenscourt park,Thursday nights down the Palais and the Zippy Bar afterwards.Brutus shirts,monkey boots and bomber jackets.
                    Going to Villa Park in 68 in a lorry full of curry powder and seeing Rudge score our winner,
                    The season of 76 and losing at Norwich.So many memories UR'S

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      are you referring to 'jonnie bang bang' infamous hair stylist to the totters
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Johnny from Johns Hair Fashions on Uxbridge Road.

The man I'm referring to is the Old Man, pair of clippers in his hands was like a lawn mower, RIP. His son incidently (Seth) I believe is still the youngest player to have turned out for the Rangers, still works there to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by w12boy View Post
                          Being able to walk around the ground at half time,big box rattles,the season of 67,the 5-a-sides at Whormolt,playing football on the Green till late,W.G stores window display for the League cup final in 67,the African bloke in the market covered in fluff selling clothes rollers that never worked,Rodneys first game against Millwall,playing Coverdale against Bentworth in the 65/66 schools cup final in ravenscourt park,Thursday nights down the Palais and the Zippy Bar afterwards.Brutus shirts,monkey boots and bomber jackets.
                          Going to Villa Park in 68 in a lorry full of curry powder and seeing Rudge score our winner,
                          The season of 76 and losing at Norwich.So many memories UR'S
                          All of them , but 66/67 cup Wormholt v Canberra , Villa in Johnny Thumbs coach from the Smutts

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Johnny from Johns Hair Fashions on Uxbridge Road.

The man I'm referring to is the Old Man, pair of clippers in his hands was like a lawn mower, RIP. His son incidently (Seth) I believe is still the youngest player to have turned out for the Rangers, still works there to this day.
                            And still styles my hair [allegedly]

Comment

growing up in west12 and on the wormholt/east acton in the 80's i think was the last era when youngsters really enjoyed themselves without worrying about being 'd'ssed' n 'needing to shanks people'!!.....the wormholt had a community feel about it in those days and peopl;e stuck together where as now the place is souless n inhabited by some real low life!.....denis wises old fella ran the football team which contained some decent players and rangers lads .....remember 'chillo' the ice cream geezer n his blue n cream hand painted van......kim wise,mandy cracknell,jackie foran,donna hedges,mandy wright all those fillies were spot on......halcyon days indeed...the re#opening of the 'vic' by branson n 'scottish sue' n her mate from bristol who's name escapes me .......factos first 'menage a trois' .........factos 'only' menage a trois'.........the wormholt park 5 a sides'......'sids army'.........greasy mildreds 'chippie'...........getting all misty eyed here!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X