X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superhoop67
    replied
    Originally posted by w12boy View Post
    Being able to walk around the ground at half time,big box rattles,the season of 67,the 5-a-sides at Whormolt,playing football on the Green till late,W.G stores window display for the League cup final in 67,the African bloke in the market covered in fluff selling clothes rollers that never worked,Rodneys first game against Millwall,playing Coverdale against Bentworth in the 65/66 schools cup final in ravenscourt park,Thursday nights down the Palais and the Zippy Bar afterwards.Brutus shirts,monkey boots and bomber jackets.
    Going to Villa Park in 68 in a lorry full of curry powder and seeing Rudge score our winner,
    The season of 76 and losing at Norwich.So many memories UR'S
    All of them , but 66/67 cup Wormholt v Canberra , Villa in Johnny Thumbs coach from the Smutts

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Johnny from Johns Hair Fashions on Uxbridge Road.

The man I'm referring to is the Old Man, pair of clippers in his hands was like a lawn mower, RIP. His son incidently (Seth) I believe is still the youngest player to have turned out for the Rangers, still works there to this day.

Leave a comment:

• Factamondo
    replied
    Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    playing footie on the red ash, johnnie bang-bang, the double in 67 . . .
    are you referring to 'jonnie bang bang' infamous hair stylist to the totters

Leave a comment:

• w12boy
    replied
    Being able to walk around the ground at half time,big box rattles,the season of 67,the 5-a-sides at Whormolt,playing football on the Green till late,W.G stores window display for the League cup final in 67,the African bloke in the market covered in fluff selling clothes rollers that never worked,Rodneys first game against Millwall,playing Coverdale against Bentworth in the 65/66 schools cup final in ravenscourt park,Thursday nights down the Palais and the Zippy Bar afterwards.Brutus shirts,monkey boots and bomber jackets.
    Going to Villa Park in 68 in a lorry full of curry powder and seeing Rudge score our winner,
    The season of 76 and losing at Norwich.So many memories UR'S

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Chillo the Ice Cream man on Wormholt Estate
    Going up Bromyard for a kick about
    Mad Lizzie

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    white city dogs, white city stadium, mates who have long since emigrated or moved miles away, the hot summers and the long wait for the start of a new season. . .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I miss getting on the old double decker bus for 2p. 81, 82 and 83 my favourite years. Clip round the ear from plod, being a skinhead and the record exchange on Goldhawk Road.

Leave a comment:

• superhoop67
    replied
    Climbing into LR and playing football on the pitch most Sundays . and Sailor Jack Johnson the Winkle King

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    I put central heating in to White City about 23 yrs ago and it was a cack hole then,

Leave a comment:

• W12_Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    It was the rubber which I grew up on which was laid directly on top of the red ash. Johnnie Bang Bang died years back my mum was friends with his sister, poor ****er use to get harassed non stopped by kids around the manor from your generation through to mine.

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet pimple
    replied
    Two shillings to get in.........they can bring that back, also miss the peanut seller, and numbers on the big board rep scores from other matches as it happens.....

Leave a comment:

• Les Boyle RIP | Memories of Growing Up in White City / Shep. Bush

What are your memories of growing up in White City / Shepherds Bush. What was it like supporting the Superhoops in the 50's, 60's 70' 80's & 90's around the manor?

What do you miss, what would you bring back?
    Last edited by Stanley; 10-07-2018, 12:46 AM.
Working...
X