Venables- Good, Bad & Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venables- Good, Bad & Ugly

Good- Most successful QPR manager ever (highest win %). Took us up, took us to the Cup Final.

Bad- Took Pompey to the edge of bankruptcy, disqualified as a Director for 7yrs by the DTI.

Ugly- 200+ appearances for Chelsea
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

highest win % - you're forgetting dowie surely?

Comment

:cry:Unfortunate fact of the matter, alot of our legends have had some sort of dealings with the scum at some point in their career.
      Best manager ever - Dave Sexton - managed the filth for 7 years.
      Venables played for them.
      I can't be bothered to go on with the list to be honest but there's alot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
        :cry:Unfortunate fact of the matter, alot of our legends have had some sort of dealings with the scum at some point in their career.
        Best manager ever - Dave Sexton - managed the filth for 7 years.
        Venables played for them.
        I can't be bothered to go on with the list to be honest but there's alot of them.
        The Chelscum connection doesn't particularly bother me anymore - not since Furlong. The bloke is a legend for watford fans, ex chelsea (dunno if they think of him as a legend or not but he's certainly well liked by them) and he turned into a QPR Legend.
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
          Good- Most successful QPR manager ever (highest win %). Took us up, took us to the Cup Final.

Bad- Took Pompey to the edge of bankruptcy, disqualified as a Director for 7yrs by the DTI.

Ugly- 200+ appearances for Chelsea
          Do ya know what the Chelsea apperances thing really doesnt bother me.

Imo El Tel has done alot of good work in football, and is a QPR legend. Id be over the moon if this guy took over, he know's the club, he knows the english game, he has a good relationship with the fans. I swear this has be what the majority have wanted for a long time.

And lets face it, its been a long time since weve be able to consider a man of El Tels calibre as a person who we could get as our manager.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

At the end of the day whoever comes in will have the Flavio factor to deal with. Someone of EL Tel's calibre and standing in the game will have the respect of Flavio and he may actually leave him to get on with it. Besides i can't see him accepting unless that would be the case.

He would be a good figurehead for the club, surely loves the club so has it at heart, and he would have the respect of every single player at the club. Plus he'll be respected abroad if we look to sign players.....

Only question is if he can doa good job now, as football has changed a lot..... When he last managed it was probably still a steak and chips lunch followed by 5 pints after the game....

Comment

Bankrupted Palace as well.
              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

He would struggle to do the same with us writtler. We have the richest but tightest board in the world
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

WELL

TERRY VENABLES PLEASE SAVE OUR CLUB

we are completely ridiculously put together with center halfs all over the place

we need you to get involved with the buying and selling of players and bring some urgency to the club

LOVE YOU TELL COME ON BOARD AND SEASON TICKETS GO THROUGH THE ROOF

Comment

Working...
                  X